What happened to Pokémon Collectors Catalogue Project?

Hey guys!
Was looking back at some previous posts and found this one:
www.elitefourum.com/t/reviving-the-pokemon-collectors-catalogue-project/12184/1
What ever happened to this project? Could this ever become a genuine reality? I’ve talked about setting a project in motion, the biggest problem like this thread states is needing the required programming expertise :confused:
What ended up happening to this though? Maybe the mods can share some light or @dogma himself if he’s still around. He was one of the OGs here after all.
For those of you that know nothing about this project, how do you guys feel about the concept 6 years later?

Mjisaacs

It’s incredible how I was thinking about this idea yesterday after seeing a video about a collector who made a Mickey mantle catalogue being one great collector and enthusiast.

It would be extremely helpful and fun to have an English guide for Pokemon cards as in Japan they have the silver bible.

I feel that there are too many misinformation about print run/rarity of some cards or simply no information at all of some elusive Japanese promos and if the experienced collectors that are in this forum could shed a bit of light on that it would be wonderful, as well as telling the story behind the card/memorabilia and not just so that it isn’t just a piece of cardboard with a scaring price tag attached to it.

I wouldn’t be able to help with the insight aspect but I’d definitely like help buying it :blush:

2 Likes

If there was catalogue or book in english with all the info of old back japanese sets, promos and wotc era I’d be throwing money at my computer screen so hard. It’s not like bulbapedia isn’t great and all but physical copy would be awesome.

4 Likes

I’ve discussed doing this before, but it’s be great to create a website that can do this. We have some websites like pokellector but it’d be great for an even more detailed version of this website. One that includes the old promos and trophy cards, cards in all languages, all errors and variants. It’d be one massive undertaking but it’d be so incredibly worth it in the long run.

Mjisaacs

3 Likes