Pokemon Card Language Library

Hey everyone! So, I’ve been working on something for a while, albeit a bit sparingly, but I think it will be a great resource for collectors when it’s done. The project compiles information on Pokemon cards in all non-English or Japanese languages into one thread. The format I’ve chosen to share this information is Google.docs because that way, I can allow other members to edit the documents to add, remove, and correct information as well as help with formatting.

This post is for introduction and news related stuff.

Please, if anyone is willing to help, let me know in this thread or through PM and I can give you permission to edit the documents. There is just not enough time in the day for me to work on these by myself and there are many other more well informed members who can pitch in. Tag anyone who you think could help too. Thanks everyone!!

@pokemoncenteritaly, @linkdu83,@abv150, @zhongwen, @omahanime, @poketrade

If I’m forgetting anyone, please tag them! Or, if you don’t want to be tagged, let me know!

9 Likes

German

Italian

French

Spanish

Portuguese

Dutch

Polish

Russian

Korean

Chinese

3 Likes

@holographic

I sure can help, as I have an entire part of my collection that is entirely foreign cards!

1 Like

Yes, I can help for french cards as if I will not be very useful for recent cards (but I can easily find information) :blush:

Can’t open the document right now as its blocked here in China.

Is it for uploading scans?

I have a scanner now so I can scan the chinese EX Legend and base 1st edition and unlimited in their entirety. (Except Flygon EX as I never did get it :frowning:

1 Like

You have the privacy settings still on your document to needing to be approved.

1 Like

I can help with Dutch, after my exams are finished in 10 days :stuck_out_tongue:

@linkdu83, That would be wonderful help! A lot of what I’m needing is proper spellings from the sets in each language, as well as other information that I can’t easily find online since I have a harder time sifting through non English or Spanish material.

@zhongwen, I’d love to have scans for every card in each language, but that won’t likely happen anytime soon. It woudn’t be bad to have them in our back pocket if we decided to start building on the collection, so feel free to scan them. It’s just going to be incredibly hard to ever complete the database of scans. I supposed that more exposure in other forums could help, too. I’m working on smoothing out the format so it is easier to get information and maybe we can find a way to include scans that wouldn’t be super clunky. However, the way I see it right now, is that the best way to do that would be to make a separate website to host all this information, rather than Google.docs, but I just don’t have the time to keep up with that.

@poketrade, thanks for the help! Good luck on exams!

@pokemontrader, How would I do that?

2 Likes

Go into “Share -----”
Click Advanced
Click Specific people can access
Select On - Public on the web or On - Anyone with the link
Click Save

I think I’m going to compile everything into an excel sheet to be gradually added to the word document. So if you want to send me lists of sets (and if they don’t match the english set lists, then a set list) for each language. :blush:

Okay, will do! I will send you everything I have right now.

@omahanime, Thanks, just changed it so everyone can view it now.

Oh, I really like how the terminology is being translated clearly there. I hate how google translate doesn’t find the correct terms sometimes.

I have incomplete foreign base sets >.< so I probably can’t help much.

zusätzliche spielkarten

and missing some promos.

I think it’s sammelbare spielkarten.

Just for the record. That was copied directly from my German Diamond and Pearl packs.

@darkrai, would you like permission to edit the German document? I’m sure you could be very helpful :blush:

@tonysandlin I can help but you have to define me precisely what I have to do :blush:

Sorry but I don’t have time to do it.

1 Like

I’m already transferring all of the German information into a spreadsheet. I’ll do the same with the languages one by one when I’m on desk shifts at work. It’ll take a couple weeks probably, but we’ll have the core information in one place. Eric can insert the approved information into better looking documents as I finish them off. I’m familiar with German and my girlfriend is native fluent, so we can probably knock out most of it. @darkrai would you be willing to just proofread the master list when I’ve finished it off? That would be a lot less time, but still be a massive help. I’ll do all of the grunt work if you’re willing to provide that aid.

That same offer goes to anyone that is native fluent (or equally so) in a specific language. I have no issue doing the grunt work gradually if I can just get people to proofread and make sure it is as accurate as possible.