Portuguese/Brazilian set release dates (or Pokémon wiki)

Ok, I’m lost… :dizzy_face:

As most of you know, I’m currently working on my ‘Pikachu around the World’ series in my collection thread, where I go over all Pikachu cards per language, and also add general information about the set/product releases. I’ve finished making all photos for the Portuguese part, but I’m unable to find ANY source at all with Portuguese Pokémon TCG information… For English/Japanese we of course have loads of sources, of which I personally use Bulbapedia the most. For some of the other parts I’ve been able to find useful wikis as well: www.pokepedia.fr/ for French; www.pokewiki.de/ and www.bisafans.de/ for German; wiki.pokemoncentral.it/ for Italian; pokemoncard.co.kr/ for Korean; etc. But for Portuguese I’m unable to find anything… I’ve also already asked some friends from Portugal, but they say most Portuguese collectors hate Portuguese cards and only care about English. And my Brazilian friend also doesn’t know of any wiki.

I’ve only been able to find release years for some of the later sets through this document (from this thread) created by my friend Eric (@tonysandlin ) back in 2015. But it’s missing the years of the WotC and EX eras; and I would also prefer to have month + year instead of just year if possible, instead of just the years, which I can actually find based on the copyright dates of the Portuguese cards.

Does anyone know any online source anywhere with Portuguese release dates? I don’t really care about the WotC era too much, since that information is hard to find for most of the other languages as well, but for the EX era onward I would really appreciate anything mentioning release months + years. Thanks.

PS: One thing I do know: during the WotC era, the Portuguese cards released in Portugal were printed in the printing facility in Belgium, which also printed all other European languages at the time. For the Portuguese cards released in Brazil they were printed in Brazil itself by the company Copag. After the WotC era, Copag was the only printing company still making Portuguese cards, which were also imported to Portugal by the company Devir to be released there, which still holds true with the current Sword & Shield era.
PPS: I’ve started writing the Portuguese part in the mean time and just mentioning the years and my estimation of start/mid/end of those years, so even without an answer, expect the part soon. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes