What Grade do you think my Card will Receive? Thread

at least one of the cards has dented corners which will bring the grade right down

Yes…an 8x loop.

1 Like

Just as we correctly predicted ITT:

1 Like

I think this thread is interesting and fun for people to throw ideas around but in no way should be deemed a serious/accurate thread. PSA use 8x jewelers lenses, so no amount of photography is ever going to give us that same amount of detail/insight to card damage :slightly_frowning_face:

Any input on these? One of them has a weird blue dot on the back so I assume not to get this graded.
Mostly interested in what you guys think of the centering.

Thanks!!!

imgur.com/a/4C4Kl

NM-MT 8 at the max maybe, but not a Gem mint 10 or mint 9. Looks like pack damage on some corners, an Impressionish kind of pack damage, plus whitening… No go man.

1 Like

Darnit I hate this game Q_Q

I only see 1 card - the Groudon.

Yeah its two different groudons

7 or 8?

7 or 8?

Ohh there is two!.. Yeah sorry man, both too damaged to receive a 9.

Ah okay thanks guys =(

I noticed here in AUS that all my xy7 cards I pulled had these Impression damages. Sucks balls. It was my first time to open english packs from a store in 14 years or something, so oh well.

Hopefully you made your cash back / made a small profit? :grin:

Well the idea was to save money buying a PSA 8 or higher version for the price of an ungraded card, which I accomplished by paying $600 (+$30 grading fees) for essentially an $850 card

1 Like

Good stuff :blush:

1 Like

In my own personal opinion I wouldn’t grade cards at all that will grade lower than a Mint 9. That Charizard is an exception because of the value on it.

Unless you want them for your personal collection. I have a 1st Ed. Charizard Gold Star that I just sent off that’ll probably grade a 6 or a 7 (therefore grading won’t increase its value) but I don’t care because its a goddamn 1st Ed. Charizard Gold Star. Grading is a different thing to everyone :blush:

1 Like

i SENT off 2 charizard gold stars that were perfect condition, but they have tiny little line indent thingy I noticed the next day after I posted them on here… Really pissed me off, but they are Minty so Hopefully they both get 8’s. Then ill get my money back, because I paid like 300 for each of them.