What Do You Think My Shining Charizard Would Grade?

Hey everybody I have never graded a card before so I have little knowledge on wether a card is a candidate to be sent in for grading or not so I thought you could help me out! I’m wondering what you think my Japanese Shining Charizard would get if I were to send it in to get graded. I appreciate the info and help :grin: (sorry for the glare I tried to get around it in the pics)

On the last pic those scratches are on the sleeve not the card, the card is really clean and doesn’t have any scratches on the front or back just the front has a little whitening.

I’d say with the centering and the edgewear that’s on the front, probably an 8.

PSA don’t take too kind to them Shinin’

4 Likes

Shining cards are not an easy grade. They have front whitening more frequently than a lot of cards. It might be due to that hot af embossed layer.

I would agree with Jeremey, an 8 is what I lean towards as well.

1 Like

Hope for an 8 expect a 6 and you should do fine

1 Like

Cool well thanks everybody for the help. I’m probably going to hold off on grading this one and hope to run into a better one or possibly pull one that is nicely centered and closer to a 9 or 10! Hopefully…XD

8 or 9?

1 Like

Shining grades are all over the place, I’ve only graded 5 I think but the highest I have gotten is a 9 and I’ve gotten as low as 7s with cards that look like yours but slightly worse centring so I would say 7-9 for this card. As for the whitening has anyone noticed it always seems to be on that top right corner at the front?

1 Like

Probably a cutting blade problem.

That card though!!

1 Like