Are these PSA 9 cards? Base Charizard and Shining Charizard

Hey all

Have been getting more and more into graded cards but still havent done any submissions yet.

Pretty experienced with sports cards and BGS, but PSA and Pokemon is a whole new game for me.

Anyways, I was just wondering if these were solid PSA 9s.

I personally think the Base Set Charizard is a 9, but then again I dont really have anything to go on, maybe the small white dots back top middle make it an instant 8? The top left whitening on the back of the Shining Charizard I have concerns with as well. Scratching wise I think they both look very good.

Thanks in advance for any opinions you have ( also please let me know if my lighting can be done better - I am using my phone as I do not own a camera )

They both look like strong 8s, especially the shining.

If either one of those gets a 9, I’ll gag a maggot :wink:

2 Likes

Pictures cant tell you how clean the holo is of a card. also a black background is good for spotting out whitening.
If front is clean then I’d say
Base zard - 8
Shining zard- 9

The Base Charizard I’d say an 8 (or 8.5) because it has all kinds of dots/rough edge on the top back edge.

The Shining Charizard I’d say a 7 because it has a damaged front side (top right corner/edge) and the back left top corner has significant wear as well. Now I see that even the front right bottom corner is damaged, you should be happy with a 7 then.

Any damage on the front is a big no-no, only light scratches and printing lines may be graded lighter though still bump it down to an 8 or 9 possibly.

Thanks for the input guys!

I’m thinking the opposite. Base looks like a 9 and Shining like an 8. Ignoring the dirt, which I will assume is from your scanner and not from the back of the cards, it looks like Shining Charizard has whitening on both the front and back, putting it below a 9. Base looks pretty ok, again, assuming all the white spots and dirt is from your scanner, which would put it at a 9.

1 Like

Shining zard looks like more than whitening on that top right front. That is a “ding” “dent” or whatever you want to call it and I have seen similar cards go down to 6/7 for that. Unlimited zard I would put in the 8-9 range closer to 8, but a 9 wouldn’t quite make me gag a maggot.

1 Like