Should I grade this Charizard ?

A while back I got a Charizard 1st base on the cheap, and I was always unsure whether or not to grade it due to the damage it had on the front of the card. I just realized my pictures are not very good, but do you think I should still grade this card, or just keep it raw as-is? Thanks for your input guys!

Grade it and keep it protected :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes! For sure you should grade

1 Like

Grade!!! Unless you are hoping to get it signed someday! Then get it graded after!

1 Like

The back looks really good! By all means, grade it to keep it protected! :blush:

2 Likes

Hell yes! I think all 1st Edition Base Charizards are worth grading no matter what condition they are in

4 Likes

I’d still expect that to get an 8 or 9 if the holo is very nice. Go for it!

1 Like

Even with that really bad corner silvering? I’m expecting a PSA 4-5 :sweat:

@jakew1992 , @jcincy101 , @fireftw87 , @chok , @xzini ,

Thank you so much for your inputs! I typically don’t grade cards hence it’s nice to see all the perspectives pointing all to the same conclusion :blush:

1 Like

No way that gets a 4 or 5, 6 minimum that’s really not that much damage

1 Like

I had a Chansey with similar damage and it got a 9 (though admittedly it’s less glaring on the normal Pokémon background). Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback :blush:

It’s always hard to properly pregrade a card from a picture, damage doesn’t always show, the lighting or angle the card is in the photo may hide scratches or creases.

I’m inclined to agree that you are probably looking at a six minimum though, back looks clean and the front apart from that one corner looks pretty good.

I graded my horrible 1st edition zard and was satisfied with whatever grade it got. Charizard will always have a value and personal nostalgia to many people!

1 Like

I do agree that pregrading through just three of my lowish quality pictures is not the greatest, and honestly I did not have high expectations for this card when I got it. The corner is pretty much the only damage I can see when I shined a light on the card, but regardless, I was satisfied with the price I got it for so I’m ok with whatever it will get! I just thought that the hassle of grading it to just get like a poor grade due to just the corner made me feel inclined that I may as well keep the card raw.

I would definitely grade it!!

1 Like

Grade it no doubt. Even if it gets a low grade, but get it protected and get a stricter value on it

1 Like

Sorry to confuse the issue but I say if you have to ask then don’t grade. When the time comes that you WANT to grade it…send it in.
Just ask yourself, “Do I want this card graded?” then act on that:)

2 Likes

Thanks Gary! I guess if I resided in the U.S. I would have submitted it already but since I am up in the north the additional paperwork and effort needed to get it graded is making me unsure if it’s worth the extra work!

2 Likes

Very presentable copy. I would definitely grade it. Even lower grade copies can earn $1000 or so and yours look like a possible 7. Hard to tell, but it’s worth it on this card.

1 Like

I’ve graded all my 1st ed Charizards. It’s like framing an expensive art painting. Helps to preserve its condition. (How far north are you?) I’m from Canada and send lots of cards to PSA. Its worth the effort to send them in.

1 Like