Regrade my 1st Ed Charizard?

I just won my first 1st edition base set Charizard last week for what I felt like was a fairly good price. When it got here I was pleasantly surprised at it’s condition. Do you guys think is worth sending in for an evaluation? (Not too keen on cracking)

The only things I can see that would be holding it back from a 7 or higher is holo scratches and a small bit of whitening. I’ve added pics of my psa 7 (albeit weak) mudkip for reference.
(I couldn’t capture it in the photos, but there is silvering all the way around the edge of the Mudkip.)

The scratches are light on the holo but the holo seems to be pretty covered with them. I don’t think it would get bumped to an 8 personally.

1 Like

Really just looking to bump to a 7, 8 is definitely wishful thinking.

If it has a very small crease or binder ding it’s an auto 6, might be it.

2 Likes

@jcincy101
No dings or creases as far as I can see under my 500 lumen light.

I don’t think that it would get a 7 with the scratches and the whitening. Solid card tho

Might be able to snag a 7. Def a lot of holo scratches so wouldn’t be surprised if it came back a 6

Honestly I wouldn’t be happy if I paid for a 7 and got that card. If the holo has that many scratches it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the surfaces. Sorry but certainly not deserving of a NM grade. PSA got this one right:(

1 Like

Great binder copy card, but doubt it would upgrade.

2 Likes

But have you tried windex?

1 Like

My bad, I meant to say I don’t think it would get bumped to a 7.

fuck me dont say anything about re grade or you will get cut around here. run now save urself.

I agree this looks like a fair grade based on the holo scratches alone which personally is worse to me than a tiny indent or crease.

I also wouldn’t suggest sending cards for review when it’s not a clear mistake/misgrade. It’s very unlikely they ever bump the grade unless you crack the case and risk damaging the card even more.

Just from a financial standpoint I am going to go against most everyone else and say I would regrade it. Because its the Charizard, if you were to get a 7 it would greatly increase the value and it costs so little to grade again just a little time.

So I would say if you don’t mind the wait it would be worth it on strictly a financial card value basis…

1 Like

I’d go for a Regrade but thats my point of view. I have several PSA7 cards that look even worse than your Charizard. While i know it has some heavy scratches the whitening on the back seems way lower than the one on my PSA6’s. I’ve got a PreFable PSA6 that has literally double the whitening of your zard, card clearly deserved that 6.

1 Like

April Fools…?

You can try to regrade, but PSA will is tough on charizard cards and it probably won’t get higher. This card looks like it went through battle.

nah someone around here posted about windexing a shadowless charizard and getting it bumped up to a 9 or 10

1 Like

You paid for a 6 and got a 6. No point in trying to squeeze juice out of a rock.