what grade could this almost flawless card get?

flawless except those printlines on the back, should be a 10 without those, what grade do you estimate with those?

going off the back only, the black smudging (last image, next to the pokeball - although small, would in my books be a deduction) and multiple print lines would render this NOT psa 10 for sure. just the back might already be psa 8 or less. also, cupping of the whole card could be an issue (you should flatten this with some heavy books). edge/corners have some slight whitening it seems…

1 Like

I’m gonna heavily disagree with this take. Obviously hard to tell with only pictures as there could flaws that are hidden, but I would say that this could be a 10 even with those visible printlines. If it were to get a 9 I would consider it a strong 9 if those printlines were the only flaw.

4 Likes

i’ve seen psa10 in worse conditions, the only concern are the printlines. the bending of the card isn’t an issue when grading and does not affect the grade.

1 Like

push

Those lines harm the aesthetics so I would say the back knocks a point off. That being said, yes, it could get overlooked, just don’t grade it expecting the grader to leave a blind eye to it.

Also, slight warping is nothing to worry about. The card is “curved” a bit, this is referred to as warping (you may have already known). I have submitted warped cards before and it did not at all harm the grade. If you want to flatten it out with some heavy textbooks, glory in your spot, but doing so will not raise the grade.

1 Like

probably could still get the 10

2 Likes

That is a PSA 9 all day if those are the only flaws

1 Like

I’ve had worse 10s and better 9s. Could go either way

2 Likes

Definitely a solid 9 and not a bad 10 either.

What does the front look like?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah grade that card!

1 Like

Looks good to me, but you need to shine a direct light on the holo to reveal scratches. A lot of holos look really clean in normal lighting but have scratches visible under a light. I’m not saying yours has scratches just that if it did these photos wouldn’t necessarily show them.

2 Likes

You could have mentioned it was a Blaine’s Moltres! Great looking card. Those print lines are a shame as it looks pack fresh otherwise. If the holo is as clean as it looks without any print lines or scratches, and if everything else on the card is as clean as it looks, it could get a 10. I don’t see it getting anything less than a 9, and a strong one at that. Can’t tell how much the print lines take away from the aesthetic on the back in terms of it potentially getting a 10.

3 Likes

That is a beauty of a card and I say grade it no matter what! Best of luck in hopes of a high grade. Sure looks like a PSA 9 if the surface is clean.

1 Like

But does it have a swirl??? =)

2 Likes

Almost a 10 or a 10

3 Likes

Looks super clean to me :blush:

One of my all time favs!

unfortunately no, value -90% :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like