PSA and Factory Lines

I have a gem of a Mewtwo from Next Destinies that I believe is a solid grading candidate. Issue is, it has some factory lines across it horizontally. They are only visible from certain angles in certain light. I took some pictures of the card to show what I mean, but I can barely get pictures. Is it feasible to hope for a 10 on this? m.imgur.com/a/XHQG8

Not unless they overlook the defects.

One corner has a slight bend or indent of some sort that really holds it back. Some graders overlook factory lines but that one corner seals the deal.

More of a general question though, with what kind of respect do PSA treat factory lines? I know they kill the new Evolutions Charizards almost guaranteed, but if I can’t even get a picture of it do I have too much to worry about?

Graders in my opinion are hit and miss. Some are very picky when others may let little issues slide like factory lines or small defects on the back. It’s hard for people here to give judgements from pictures. Make your best judgement with the card in person and make your decision.

It’s fun to take notes and guess the grade on your submitted cards then when you get the results, compare the grade to your guess. Plus you can see what impact those defects may have had. I hate to admit it but I still do that:)

2 Likes

The luck i’ve had you gon’ be gettin’ an 8 boy

I would say its going to grade a 9 most likely but you never know.

Right so a while ago I looked it over and determined that the card should probably get a 9, 8 if the grader really dislikes print lines and/or sees something I didn’t. I have also seen more questionable 10s but I didn’t have my hopes up. I sent it in and, to my slight disappointment:

i.imgur.com/pL1xzHw.jpg

The grader of course, as I said, could have seen something that I didn’t. There were quite a few print lines though. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There you go. That’s how you learn and can improve your pregrading skills. I’m sure it got what it deserved which is best. I mean who would want an 8 in a 10 case lol.
Thanks for sharing. It helps all of us:)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. hmmm, i was right :wink:

1 Like

Like always lol.

1 Like

what are you on about :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ve become way more lenient with that zard, so many tens are flooding the market now. Price drooped 50% already.

So many of my 9s look like the 10s in the new labels…

Cause you’re always right. Heck, I write down all your predictions lol.

Haha. Hope you’re hoarding them 1st edition shining zards :wink:

Factory print lines are all about appeal.

One grader thinks the appeal of the card is not affected (in direct or indirect lighting) an other think it does. So depending on this it can swing both ways.

Personally, not to discredit any grader, for me a PSA10 with a print line doesn’t deserve the PSA10. A print line is really unappealing.

I hear you and I think it’s fair because while you really have to look to find them there are a ton of lines on this particular card. I thought overall it was 9 quality but I guess I was wrong.

I agree with print lines locking out of 10 when they’re absolutely huge though, the best example being those delta species holos that have massive black lines through the whole card. Those I can see knocking down a grade for.