What Do You Do for Fun Outside Pokemon?

Nothing. Pokemon is me and I am pokemon.

13 Likes

I’m really big into competitive Smash Bros. I use to go to local tournaments (I live in MA) pretty frequently but I haven’t gone to anything since the beginning of the year. Might try to get to a local sometime soon though.

I also love basketball and watch games just about every night. LeBron has been my favorite player/hero since I was 15 and I’ve gotten to see him play a half dozen times.

3 Likes

I love making fancy cards (birthday, holiday, wedding etc) and practicing my penmanship, getting beautiful and unusual stationery and fabrics. I enjoy planning themed parties, reading, collecting other things, playing neopets, and watching Succession HBO and tennis in general. Trying to get more into woodworking and copperplate calligraphy.

4 Likes
  • Attending quizzes with a team consisting of my best friends
  • Watching movies (and keeping a meticulous log - I’m at 328 full-length movies watched in 2019)
  • Learning languages (and intracacies of the culture if at all possible)
  • K-pop
  • Studying geography
  • Various puzzle solving activities: sudoku, binary puzzles, crosswords, cryptos, picross, riddles…

I’m thankful my job offers me a lot of spare time to pursue these hobbies!

2 Likes
  • Sports (particularly basketball)
  • Music production
  • Writing
2 Likes

I didn’t know anyone still played neopets! If I can ever remember my password I’ll give you all my stuff.

2 Likes

I spend all of my extra time doing college homework and rock climbing.

3 Likes

I do aviation photograhy in my spare time, primarily military aircraft at low level. I have had a bit of a break from it this year though.
Here are a few random shots of mine… more can be found here

USAF F-15E Bwlch 13/11/17 by Simon Adams, on Flickr

USAF F-15E Spur 7/12/17 by Simon Adams, on Flickr

13 Likes

Hah, thanks! And yeah, not many do, but fortunately there’s still an active memberbase that is very dedicated

2 Likes

Exercise is life, Mixed with buying Pokémon cards and Fixing up 90s JDM cars.
I Love to run and to take photos of the sweet places I find.

5 Likes

Anyone on discord knows that I’m a huge anime fan. I love researching new series I plan to collect and the home release information behind the items. I currently spend most of my energy in trying to have the most comprehensive dot hack collection but I’ve also started importing anime themed pachinko and pachislo machines from japan.

3 Likes

There is something besides Pokémon?

HERETIC

4 Likes

Upon closer inspection, that is not a giant Spider-Man on top of a rollercoaster.

1 Like

I’m double majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship at the Darla Moore School of Business at the moment, but when I’m not doing school work or anything pokemon/video game related I play collegiate disc golf.

2 Likes

When I’m not studying, I play the guitar (3 Years) or drums (15 Years), I want to practice keyboard and violin when there’s more time available. I also like League of Legends and singleplayer games like The Long Dark. Efour and Ebay are pinned tabs and I try to stay up to date, but on average, Pokemon doesn’t take up more than around 30 minutes a day honestly :grin:

2 Likes

Committing acts of sin and heresy.

5 Likes

Outside of Pokemon, I work all the time. Sometimes it’s fun.

4 Likes

These are some great posts! Really inspiring stuff. @merciersj that’s some incredible feats, any tips on documenting or tracking your reading data? I just take notes and post-its.
:laughing:

Way I look at it is I haven’t lived until last year. I’ll summarise.

∞ Getting shit done. Getting closer to personal Übermensch of having each day filled more by building productivity up, building physical, social and mental strength and eliminating coping and procrastination. Praying to Yog-.

∞ Working on art to bust out onto the public’s faces. Making the risk in turning it into a mini career.
https://instagram.com/p/B4TTGp4p7y_

∞ Learning both reading and practice. Natural history has always been important. I tend to focus on a certain area and move onto the next thing that grabs aesthetic attention. Last year it was foxes, now its about fungi, the fungi never ends. I used to volunteer at my local large park and the acconmpaying ranger has an extensive collection, interesting little powerful things, I had to stop occasionly to get my card wants list up to date.

∞ Cooking. Almost finished a Gordon Ramsay book then repeat the process.

∞ Working out in nature. Turning into Chad.

∞ Lastly is ongoing discovering. Was almost going to say travelling but that’s patronising. To emphasise, just taking anything off wantlists be it places to see (eg. Portland, Białowieża Forest, Pripyat, Gunkanjima), adding and subtracting artists of my listenlist (Boris, Sabbat, At The Gates, Swans) and of course work related lists including refining collections to sell off unwanted fat and aiming closer to my drawing list complete. Recently finished an Allosaurus spread I started in 2011, so moving on no longer holding onto perfectionism like that anymore and focusing on limits to keep consistency.

1 Like

I don’t do anything too fancy, just carefully track my books on goodreads and use a variety of shelves which are essentially tags. This comes in handy later on if someone asks me for a reading recommendation, too.

1 Like

That was fast, I edited my post of corrections during your post. That’s nice, I’ll have to get an account (on another list of accounts to make) as I use it often to help me decide to place my books in my Amazon list. Lists are life.

1 Like