What are your hobbies besides Pokemon?

Hello everybody,

We had a thread a little while ago called what do you do for a living and while interesting some may not find their jobs as interesting. People generally talk about their hobbies with more enthusiasm. I am interested in what you all like besides Pokemon.

I will start it off: Pokemon is not my number one hobby, cycling is. I absolutely love anything and everything about cycling, I like do to it myself, watch the pros do it on television and on location besides the road. I also like to watch most other sports, but cycling has been number one since forever.

I also have found a love for cooking during corona lockdown season. I needed to spend my time since I had more time on my hand and I decided to start cooking more extensive dishes and I actually really liked it.

I also really like to go out in nature on bike or on foot, it is really relaxing to me to be in nature completely silent with the exception of some birds chirping.

Would love to hear about what you all enjoy doing!

8 Likes

Pokemon right now is my number one hobby in terms of time spent thinking about it, but for a long time it was probably golf.

I haven’t played as much as I would have liked to in the last few years, but this summer I was able to get out a lot more. There was a time when I was younger that I was a legit golf nerd: I would spend ages reading all sorts of articles, forums, books. Lots of great memories playing with my dad.

If I’m being honest, I don’t even know if I really enjoy golf that much. Golfers in general are a pretty miserable bunch, but when you speak to others you realise that golf tends to get into people’s minds. To be fair, those early mornings when you leave footsteps in the dew and late evening rounds trying to get in before the sun goes down are magical.

2 Likes

Cooking, exercise, warhammer, anime, video games, movies, anything that involves friends :blush:

5 Likes

Mines cycling too! But more building and restoring vintage track and road bikes.

1 Like

I’m into gaming, got a PS4! Playing ff7 remake atm

2 Likes

My other big hobbies are Star Wars and cooking. I used to love weightlifting but I hurt my shoulders and had to do some PT. Always take care of your rotator cuffs!

1 Like

Still cards :sweat: but poker cards.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of finance and Python. More traditional I’m a big (American) football guy. And of course I love video games

Go (the board game) has been my primary hobby over the past 13 years or so. Over the past few months since getting back into Pokemon card collecting I’ve spent a pretty considerable effort educating myself about this hobby, but now that I’ve bought almost everything I want, I’m putting Pokemon more in the background again (though I’ll probably still keep up with things much more than I used to). For those who like abstract strategic board games though, Go is arguably the best one out there.

Other than that, I like playing other board games, watching anime, and playing piano.

2 Likes

anime and sleep

2 Likes

Picked up a lot of hobbies being stuck at home from Covid: Pokemon, yugioh, anime, piano, and just started guitar,
but before that was more into the gym, cars, basketball, LoL

1 Like

Music Production: Underground Hip-Hop, trap, house. Been making beats for a while now. Just recently finished my studio room and recording room. Just started experimenting with making videos for YouTube and Instagram jamming out on my Music Production Center (MPC).

instagram.com/dusk.355

Old School Honda Collector: 88-91 Honda CRX,Accord and Integra. I had 5 of them at one point but had to let some go. I keep my cars completely OEM.

instagram.com/dusk_oem

Art: Graffitti(10+ years) canvas, sketching

instagram.com/dusk355

BMX Bikes: Old School 80’s and 90’s. This is my most currently occupied hobby. Waiting for a parts to finish up a Dyno Compe I’ve been working on. I have 4 bikes right now but have had more than 10 during my lifetime.

current project:

GUNDAMS: I’m actually in the process of starting a YouTube channel doing gunpla. I’ll let you guys know when my first video drops. I’m working on something shiny.

And the list goes on. Those are the main categories for me. Here is a misc picture of my displays so you can all get an idea of some of my other passions.

15 Likes

Videogames and watching motorsports, nothing special :blush:

3 Likes

Football for me (or “soccer” as some people call it)

2 Likes

Besides anything Pokemon related, I’m really into Magic: The Gathering, as well as board games in general, and electronic music. I used to play legacy at my LGS every week before the pandemic, but now I’m playing on MTGO. Also, I am a huge collector of electronic dance music singles and mixes on CD and produce tracks when I have the time.

2 Likes

Took up actual guitar lessons online because I was having a hard time learning on my own. Other than that, I practice capoeira but I would consider that more as a lifestyle than a hobby. I read a lot and write a lot - song lyrics, poetry, and small essays. I go for walks and bike rides a lot as well. When it’s safer to do so or when the days warm up, I hope to get seriously back into rock climbing again since I did that a lot last year and miss it.

3 Likes

Music - Specifically to listen to a lot of albums (mainly metal/hard rock) and seeing various bands and artist live. I much prefer smaller gigs indoors than huge festivals outdoors. This is the hobby I miss the most in the wake of the pandemic.

Anime - Been a weeb for over a decade by now and I try to watch at least and handful of new shows every year in addition to older stuff. I suppose it all started with the Pokémon anime in a way…
Cooking - In early 2019 I visited Japan which was great in many ways but one thing that remember extra fondly was the food. This led to a bit of an obsession with Japanese and other Asian cuisine. Since then I’ve tried cooking all sorts of dishes and I’m still very much a novice but its been to experiment and try new things.

Track and field - More as a statistics nerd and spectator on the couch rather than as a competitor but at times I’ve been helping out the local team as an official at competitions.

Cycling - About a year ago I moved closer to the city center which allowed me to stop commuting by car and instead take the bike to work. This has really kindled my interest for cycling as a hobby and its become my preferred work out method.

Games - Mostly JRPGS and visual novels.

2 Likes

Golf

2 Likes

Game Development - I like to solo develop VR games. They don’t do well in the market but that’s okay. I just like doing it.

Web Development - Develop web applications, sometimes with friends, and see how they do.

Anime & Manga - I just love the genre. I was a film major and used to be too stupid and pretentious for the anime and manga I used to love when I was younger. When I eventually stopped being stupid I fell back in love with anime and manga. I honestly feel that there is mountains more creativity and genuinely good story telling in some anime than all of modern Hollywood. I tend to dislike anything trope-heavy and shounen stuff.

Video games - mostly trading card games and rpgs

1 Like

I collect lapel pins, Power Rangers stuff, coins, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. I make youtube videos and have recently started doing silly stop motion videos with my daugther.

Here is a video of my gargantuan pin board I completed if you want to get a feel for the pin addiction I have lol. I am already ordering a bigger board lol

And here is the latest stop motion video I did with my daughter. We do a lot of strange ones but this was the only one we uploaded. We are working on one that is up to 4 minutes which is a lot for us lol

4 Likes