What Do You Do for Fun Outside Pokemon?

Hi All,

I thought it might be fun to dedicate a thread to sharing some of our other hobbies/interests outside Pokemon. When I’m not collecting, I spend as much of my free time as possible doing extreme inline skating. I started when I was 13 (2001) and am still going strong 18 years later . . . though there have been some injuries along the way. I also freelance as a video editor and manage a few small YouTube channels including one dedicated to rollerblading. We mainly travel to skateparks and try to teach/mentor younger kids and just be positive role-models–it’s so much fun!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_v-aYaT0oo

What do you guys do for fun outside Pokemon? I would love to hear your stories and view your pictures/media!

8 Likes

csgo

1 Like

Gym… @octimusfit on iG :grin:

And soccer… :heart:

1 Like

Music production

90’s car restorations (Honda)

Gundam model kits

Graffiti

Go kart street riding

Being a dad

Unfortunately I deleted my Instagram ;/

3 Likes

I really love diving deep into researching things that interest me. Been spending the past couple weeks learning about commercial real estate and the storage industry.

I also toy with amateur engineering. I’m a knuckle dragging industrial mechanic in the real world so it’s fun to figure out how stuff works.

Recently I’ve completed building a jib crane from scratch in my barn at home.

11 Likes

Tennis, gamer, huge college football fan, and real estate business.

Buy and sell real estate

4 Likes

Trying new foods with my girl

Play my guitar

Drawing

Scanning stocks

Some PS4 time

Going to the beach

2 Likes

Fly Fishing
Golfing
Swimming (recently swam across Alcatraz)
Weight lifting
Chilling with my girls

3 Likes

I play video games, I write programs, and I learn languages. If languages could be a career I’d almost do it, but programming is great too

4 Likes

I just got into streaming. Shameless plug!

Outside of that…

Console Modding & Repair
Woodworking & Sawmilling
Professional Drummer & Percussionist
Coding
Videography
Survival training
Weight lifting
Child development & psychology
Philosophy

…to name a few.

2 Likes

I raise exotic pets including tarantulas and lizards (mostly geckos). I also want to get back into reefkeeping with a 55 gallon tank after or during grad school depending on where I end up living.

11 Likes

I don’t really do much. Watch motorsport, play videogames and watch some YouTube.

4 Likes

Anime, video games and trance music.

4 Likes

Similar for me. I play Overwatch and watch YouTube and movies every once in a while, watch anime almost every evening, and play badminton two times a week. I also collect Yu-Gi-Oh rarities and twisty puzzles, although this last year I haven’t played that often with the puzzles unfortunately, and I’m currently downsizing my collection a bit. Here some (slightly outdated) pictures of my twisty puzzle collection to get an idea of the full extend:

I’m more of a collector than a solver though, which is why there are quite a few puzzles which are still unsolved in the picture above. :stuck_out_tongue:I also listen to music (Hands Up, Trance, Techno, Nightcore, Hardstyle, etc.) every day while I visit Pokémon and twisty puzzle forums. Too many hobbies and too little time unfortunately. I also just realized I haven’t read a single book in over 1.5 years…

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Fly Fishing
Board Games
Coaching my sons’ sports

3 Likes

I invest in dank and or spicy memes

8 Likes

Hiking, boating, mountain biking, real estate and other investing. Can’t stand any computer usage outside of work and this forum :joy:

3 Likes

Outside of my actual job coding, I volunteer a lot. Most of my focus is on programs that bring STEM careers and classes/activities involving robotics, AI, etc. to kids in the area around where I live. I also am involved in a good number of leadership and confidence programs for elementary school aged girls who live in the inner city nearby.

When I’m not doing that, I’m reading almost non-stop. I usually read 200+ books a year and I’m on track this year to hit my goal of reading 250+ (yay!). I track stats on my reading habits pretty meticulously and then use that data to mine insights into my reading habits year over year.

9 Likes

As a person who is in their last year of law school, I don’t do too much outside of studying and working for the firm that is prospecting me to become an associate (fingers crossed!). However, when I do have free time, it’s spent eating all the foods with my fiancé, going out and socializing/having some drinks with friends, and hitting the range, whether that be the golf range or the gun range!

3 Likes