What constitutes a heavy/light ex dragon pack?

I own a couple of ex dragon packs and want to open a heavy one if I’ve got one. Couldn’t find any info sob wondering if anyone has the knowledge?

There might be someone who has weighed these packs before but generally anything outside of the original era is less cut and dry/known. The best way to do it yourself would be to weigh a bunch and compare them. It should be extremely easy to see the relative differences. If you don’t have 10+ packs to use, though, you might be SOL because these packs are super hard to find and not many people are opening them like they are Base/Jungle/Fossil/etc. Tough situation to be in. Sorry I can’t help much more.

1 Like

Kind of convenient, but I literally just opened an EX Dragon pack yesterday lol. It was 17.42 and had a holo. Almost all of my EX Dragon packs are below 17.3 — anything above 17.5 should 100% have a holo, if I had to guess. I only have one above that weight 17.4 is likely the low end for having a holo, if I had to guess.

1 Like

That’s awesome to know. Just picked up a pack for my pack collection and it weighed above 17.5…

Yup, that should definitely be heavy. I have ~12 loose packs and only a single one above that weight lol. I also opened a TMTA and a FRLG pack yesterday, which also both had holos and they weighed 17.47 and 17.5, respectively.

I think that a few sets are different, though. Deoxys and TRR, I believe, are only heavy above 17.6-ish. I have a Deoxys pack that I bought as light from TCA gaming last fall and it weighs 17.39. For Unseen Forces or Emerald, 17.39 would be super heavy, based on the packs of those sets that I have (which are mostly in the 16.8 to 17 range).

I’ll have to weigh my loose packs and maybe confer with you look no plans to open but nice to know regardless