What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

I’m not sure why or how I missed that either, probably because I’m trash. But its 16 pages long! Could you give me the final verdict on it please haha?

2 Likes

@mikejofthecoast, The final verdict is cards like this are inherently unverifiable. They will never have 100% verifiable source as their origin is inherently vague and unofficial.

4 Likes

Not sure if I’ve said it before but Charizard is incredibly overrated. I get why people are fans of the Pokemon and why it shares Icon status alongside Pikachu but I’m just tired of seeing Charizard pop up everywhere. Wish we got a new Pokemon Icon already. :confused:

4 Likes

Ahh gotcha. Im gonna have to say good! I dont like the way that card looks personally. Thanks for bringing me up to speed on it dude!

2 Likes

It’s time for an e4 poll to choose a new icon. Then the poll results can be sent to tpci and they can see to it charizard is usurped.

3 Likes

How about Gyarados;)

6 Likes

12 Likes

No need for a poll. I think there’s one obvious selection we can all agree on.

12 Likes

So did anyone have their opinions changed on anything?

1 Like

Yes.

* I think the prototoise is legit. I just don’t think it’s worth the crazy asking price as it can’t be certified or authenticated by a proper third party grading company.

* I think I kinda agree and am also tired of seeing all the new charizards constantly popping up. I love the guy, but they’re abusing it to push product at this point. Give him a rest for a bit instead of mass printing 10 diff cards of him with every new set. And if you’re going to use him, give him unique cards with actual art, not 3 different versions of 5ban with different color schemes.

6 Likes

My somewhat facetious unpopular opinion isn’t actually my opinion…just me being incredibly hilarious as per usual.

1 Like

IMO the 1997 1st Tournament trophy cards should be the most valuable card/s in the hobby over the Illustrator.

9 Likes

I might use Alolan Vulpix as a profile pic but Salamence and Ray are still my main favorites and they are from Gen 3…

1 Like

misprint and miscut cards doesnt look good or feel good.i dont understand why people collect them other than the sake of showing it’s rare

3 Likes

Always wondered if more of the latter existed in comparison.

1 Like

Gray Stamp Base cards aren’t true variants and shouldn’t be counted for true “variant” collections. They’re errors.

Although I agree to most miscuts and some of the more “simple” errors like dots or smudges.

4 Likes

Here’s my take on it. I HOPE Pokemon gets smashed in the next recession. It will rid the hobby of all the fake collectors. That and I’ll get to buy everything I want at a lower price :blush:. A lot of people don’t want it to collapse due to them “losing money”, but you only lose money if you planned on selling.

9 Likes

PSA 9 > BGS 9.5

9 Likes

Gen 5 is trash. The cards are trash, the games are trash, the pokemon card designs are trash, and the anime was trash.

3 Likes

-dont throw stones at me please-

1st edition modern set is bad new.
all the “big money” collectors will be all of it and as soon as it gets you will see ( like the HF BGS 10 charizard) hundreds of graded from the same collector.
and as we all learn from the pokemon company, a reprint is somthing!

3 Likes