What are your unpopular opinions in pokemon?

Gen wunners had a hard grind to get their mon’s levels up for Misty… and then again for Sabrina. Not to mention that the planned counter to sabrina, ghost, failed because of bugs. And then Hagatha… Good luck chuck. I agree, Gen 4 is the greatest gen as far as gameplay. (and pokemon walk-alongs? gold. :smiling_face_with_tear:) ( I didn’t play Gen 5.2…)

3 Likes

I will never share pictures of a purchase until I receive it in hand. Until I’m holding it, it’s not mine.

13 Likes

Amen! I also think this every time. I DO understand excitement, but…

2 Likes

I can’t help myself but I agree in spirit. :joy:

The last step of the journey is the most dangerous part for me as my local “post office” is a little corner in a grocery store where no parcel is safe.

4 Likes

Vintage is boring.

4 Likes

The Cardboard Gold perfect fit PSA slab sleeves with the PSA logo are so unnecessary, the slab already has a PSA logo and its super distracting. I’m stockpiling the no logo version to flip to minimalists later.

3 Likes

The gold alternate art cards from VSTAR universe are meh.

7 Likes

They are the first gold cards I actually like. I like to think of them as the God cards of Pokémon

5 Likes

They may be nice compared to the regular gold cards, but I think most AR and SAR cards look better. FWIW I’m glad they exist so acutally good looking cards in the set are less desirable in comparison and thus cheaper.

6 Likes

This 100%. The gold cards seem to be the chase for a lot of people, so the SAR I am after are readily available.

4 Likes

Completely agree. There’s so much to love from the set

2 Likes

The 9 AR kouki set suddenly spiked in price. You only can pull them from a “god” pack.

4 Likes

I thought each individual card can be pulled from pack. It’s just that God pack has all 9 in one pack.

1 Like

Apparently the only way to pull these are from a pack of all 9.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder, whatnot is garbage

5 Likes

idk how unpopular this is, but the illustrator is overrated. tired of hearing about it and seeing it everywhere. it also kinda sucks when u think someone outside of pokemon is showing genuine interest in ur hobby, only for them to ask about the illustrator, logan paul and how much it costs, and then never show interest in it again :sob:

3 Likes

This is supposed to be the unpopular opinions thread, not a fact thread.

4 Likes

How much does this set run right now?

1 Like

Agree with the artwork. I’ve personally tried playing post DPP era games (DS, Switch), and they all sucked to the point that I couldn’t get myself to complete the Elite Four.

1 Like

think a set goes for about 30 000 yen now

1 Like