What are your 2022 Pokemon collecting goals?

My 2021 main goal was to finish a PSA 9/10 Japanese Expedition holo set. The problem with myself and goals is that I set too many and my interests change all the time so it’s incredibly hard for me to stick to these goals. I made it to 24/32 holos which is nice progress IMO but I could definitely have finished it if I wouldn’t have bought so much other stuff. I will finish it in time though.

2022 loose goals:
-100% English and Japanese sealed pack collection, picking up blisters over packs where I can as I love blister sets.
-As many PSA 9/10 Japanese and English ex’s as possible.
-As many PSA 9/10 Japanese FA’s as possible.
-As many PSA 9/10 Japanese and English LV.X’s as possible.

Charizards and booster boxes.

2 Likes

I don’t think I posted but my goals remain almost the same

1. adding Japanese volcarona unlimited cards to my collection
  2. Purchasing any rayquaza sealed products I don’t already own
  3. (If PSA returns to normal pricing again) grade my shiny rayquaza cards
  4. Find a new set to do a binder collection for
  5. Blood sacrifice to remove rainbow rares from sets forever. Have fun!
3 Likes

Dec 26, 2020

Collect all the new amazing rares that come out this year, and start a collection for all the WOTC black star promos :blush:

Well like 2 more amazing rares were released and I got them but that goal was kinda snubbed fast. I have also moved past simple black star promos and moved on to my true love 1997 carddass.

My goal for 2022 is to finish my binder for all of the 1997 carddass cards including the checklists. I only really need to prisms but my goal is to get good condition ones which makes it more of a challenge. This is also kinda far off but I want to get all the new alt art cards just because they look so cool and they’re pretty cheap. Nothing too big but baby steps toward getting a solid collection

1 Like

Want to get a trophy card in a plaque like the pika ring or victory decorations. Would be okay with a Chinese or Korean version to cut costs

2 Likes

My main goal last year was to get a crystal charizard. I ended up buying at peak so I got a *heavily* creased one for a little over 1k and could get a significantly better condition one for the same price I paid, but such is life :grin: .

My main goal for next year is to get gold star rayquaza and hopefully some other gold stars or crystals as well.

2 Likes

I think there’s a BGS 3 JPN GS Rayquaza on the market if you’re interested!

Did you get a holo or RH Crystal Zard?

Holo, and only looking for an english rayquaza only, but thanks

organize, organize, organize

and continue my garchomp collection

I have only two goals for 2022

1. To finish my komiya art binder. I’m only about 30% complete. I started the collection around October of this year though so I think in 2022 I can make a large dent!

2. Obtain the checklist Carddass cards to complete my binder collection :grin:

9 Likes

Nice! Did you post pic of the Crystal Zard on e4?

Nope. its embarrassingly creased :sob:

Heres what i posted for my goals for 2021:
Slightly ambitious:
-Get to 1500 cards at PSA or returned (sitting around halfway)
-Acquire a sealed 3rd season subscription PLAY pack

More ambitious:
-Grade a neo destiny shining as PSA 10 (have a handful at PSA all pregraded 8 or 9 by ludkins)
-Acquire one of each sealed PLAY Vaporeon Jolteon and Flareon

Extremely ambitious:
-Make a $20,000 deal (aprx 6x 2020 biggest sale)
-Break $200,000 in sales (aprx 4x 2020)

God Mode
-Have a Poketuber shout me out

I didnt get to 1500 at PSA but i got over 1000 at PSA and about 1000 at CGC, so I’ll count that one.
I acquired a 3rd season players pack, i opened it or sold it though.
I graded not one but 2 1st edition shinings in PSA 10, but i had traded them before ever knowing it lol. (Raichu and kabutops. The trade was worth it though, roughly profited 20k already and still working on selling other parts of the trade)
I did not acquire any sealed players club eeveelutions
I did not have a $20,000 deal, i had one twice that size.
If i break 200k in sales this year i sure as hell didnt do a good job of saving money. Im not sure where im at exactly, but probably around 100-140k. Not bad considering 15k was my average annual earning 3 years ago.
SADLY NO POKETUBER SHOUTED ME OUT. I NEED TO WORK ON MY TROLLING.

2022 goals:
-Meet some of the people i have spoken to many times online.
-Grade a CGC quad 10
-Acquire an Arita signed card
-Work on my saving skills

1 Like

Still not telling!

11 Likes

Collection goal: I’d really like to obtain either: a) Masked Royal Full Art or b) the Team Rocket case promos.

3 Likes

I’m so close to finishing my English goals that I could finish at any time if I sat down and did it. Here’s what I’d like to get out of 2022:

1. STADIUM CHALLENGE DEOXYS
  2. Two new illustrator autographs (illustrators I don’t have yet, though I’m always looking for more of everything)
  3. One new trophy card
3 Likes

2021 thread:

Surprisingly I actually did pretty decent on these.

I think I picked up 14 nice stadiums that I can think of (though half of that is just in the Pokemon Pal City Set) and then recently bought a bunch of common stadiums to bring the total over 500.

For 2022:

The main thing I’d like is to fill out the rest of the regular stadiums and be able to be up to date with new releases and just pick them up as they come out. There’s still a huge amount of Japanese commons that I still need to add as well as things like different code variations.

Other than that I’d like to pick up a few more rare stadiums, that’s the plan for noww

4 Likes

Continue collecting anything and everything Mew when I can but thats more of a life long goal for me.

Hope everyone can complete their goals for 2022!

1 Like

To simply get a copy of Tropical Tidal Wave 2010 in English + Japanese!

2 Likes