What are your 2021 goals?

Had me laughing.

Love how handwritten anything is sorcery in this mad world of ours!

@bbqcat, technology frightens me

3 Likes

Start collecting 1997 carddass set in PSA 9

3 Likes
  1. Complete my worlds promo set
  2. 1999 wind
  3. Crystal Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi
  4. PFM & Rattle tag team signed
3 Likes

PLAY Umbreon Gold Star

2 Likes

I’ not telling. Don’t want you to steal all my great ideas.

18 Likes

Grade a fucking Wailord/Magikarp tag team promo PSA 10 or buy one PSA 10. Pretty sure I single handedly moved the market for towering splash boxes since I’ve been buying them all trying to find a mint promo in the box. Sad thing is I moved the market against myself :confused:

2 Likes

Stay alive

15 Likes

Some lofty ones that will probably take longer than a single year:

* Get the final Unlimited Gyarados cards from Rage of the Broken Heavens.
* New Year Present Postcard
* Refocus my Flats collection to have more boundaries and restrictions so it’s not “Whatever the hell is flat, official, and mainly features Gyarados” and has better organization and intention behind it. Can’t afford everything under the sun and will have to sacrifice by passing on some things.
* Hunt down Gyarados inserts/art pages from Japanese Magazines/Manga/Comics/Books.
* Attempt to have original artists sign said Gyarados inserts/art pages.
* Try a crazy idea to get a Snap Gyarados which may take an additional number of years - and thus completing my collection and a 20 year childhood dream.

6 Likes

I’m going to attempt to collect the E4 collectors. I’ve been working on a project that I think could be really cool. I want to take my old Base binder set (Holos first) and have a different E4 member sign one of the cards each time I meet one of you in person and frame it when I’m done. Maybe some pictures too. Hopefully World’s works out this year, since that would be a prime opportunity to catch 'em all . . . or some of 'em anyway.

:wink:

9 Likes

Hopefully find my missing Natta Wake 10 to complete the set. Selfishly hoping things I’m interested in retrace next year. Also looking to sell a bit more as I did some good sized PSA submissions. February 2021 will be my 3rd year in the hobby. It’s been great. Really looking forward to next year. Wishing the best to everyone and enjoyment pursuing your goals.

1 Like

its a secret :blush:

2 Likes

2020 was a big year, let’s hope 2021 is as good to me! As a PSA graded card collector it is difficult to set goals for the year as cards I sent off in May 2020 are not close to being returned and wait times don’t look like they will improve in the near future. In the past I could define a lot of these goals with grade targets and completion percentages but outside of that’s not likely on the stuff I’ll be targeting to grade myself.

• I’d like to get to 50% on my mint condition PSA graded English ex collection. Currently going for 9s/10s but if I grade some 8s I’ll certainly keep them for now. I am currently at 38.9% and getting to 50% would require me to add 16 more cards to the collection which is doable.

• I am enjoying Japanese BW EX full arts and shiny ultra rares more and more lately. I want to have 50-75% of these submitted for grading in 9-10 quality by the end of the year.

• Hoping to keep picking up Japanese and English Lv. X and shiny cards, depending on my grading returns I may decide to go for a full set of the Japanese Lv. X.

• Stretch goal: get an English PSA 10 Primal Groudon EX Full Art from Primal Clash. If you have one, I’ll give you lots of monies.

• But all in all, regardless of whether I reach these goals or not, I’d just like to keep having fun in the hobby, buying cards and products I enjoy at prices I’m comfortable with, and interacting with people here. Despite the best efforts of you degenerates, I actually quite like the Pokemon community.

7 Likes

If the Snap Gyarados thing is illegal, I’m in

4 Likes

Finish my 1st ed gym challenge set with NM/M non holos and PSA 9-10 Holo set. Simple, but finding the right deals will be a fun challenge for sure :wink:

1 Like

I would like to finish my Japanese Team Rocket Set. I would also like to collect every unique Umbreon artwork. I’d also like to collect more complete sets of an illustrators Pokémon cards (All Koizumi cards). Other than that I would also like to get one or two cards from the following categories:

• Southern Islands
  • Japanese GB Promos
  • Vending cards
  • Shining Card (Old + New)
  • More Pikachu Promos
  • More Waifus

If I know that I don’t want to fund a complete set, I like to at least get one or two of the cards from the set :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

End the year with at least $500,000 worth of graded cards.

2 Likes

I’m ok going at a slower pace and would be completely content just making progress on my collection, even if none of the sets get completed next year.

My top 3 would probably be:

1. Japanese VS set
  2. WotC 1st ed Base-Gym binder sets
  3. Japanese Base-Fossil holos

I currently don’t own any Japanese vending series… But am thinking about starting collecting those as well.

4 Likes

Main collecting goals of 2021 are to keep adding to my modern binder and full art trainer binder. Still missing a few BW mint full arts as well as a good chunk of full art trainers. Honestly, I’m quite enjoying going slowly on it, there’s not much pressure to get it all done and everything is still relatively affordable.

As for graded cards, I’m not sure. I’m planning on selling most of my stuff eventually except the JPN e-readers. I’m not sure where I stand on graded cards, I still heavily enjoy them but I’m not so in love with having so much money at home that could go up in a second or get robbed, it’s just stressful. Not a fan of putting them in a vault as it’s just not the way I like to collect so we’ll see what the decision is. Could buy a high end safe but I’m not settled in a location yet so that’d make things complicated when I inevitably have to move again.

Overall, just to keep enjoying the hobby. Lots of issues abound in the hobby right now but that’s just the state of things right now. Still so much good so I’m going to focus on that part. Looking forward to Shining Fates and picking up some singles from it, maybe do the full set if I have the time and commitment.

To keep buying what I like and connecting with other collectors :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve ripped so many Vivid Voltage packs for fun that I decided I would complete the set! A top-goal is to get the Rainbow Pikachu from only ripping packs! It’ll be fun, haha.

Speaking of Shiny things, I also wanted to make a 12-pocket binder FULL of shiny vaults, from Shiny GX, Hidden Fates, Shiny Star V and Shiny Fates. I honestly think it would be soooo cool to see the start of everything as well as their comparisons.

High-tier goals is to get my cards back from PSA :sob: hopefully not by 2022. And also to maybe invest in some sealed Pokemon Games!