What are you collection plans for 2016?

My goal is to acquire the following two cards:

1. 1998 - No.2 Japanese Trophy Pikachu (Already got No.1 and No.3)
  2. Pick up an ungraded Pikachu illustrator card

:blush:

4 Likes

My goals have been the same for years, which is complete my Voltorb and Electrode collection. Currently, I have all but 4 cards, so 2016’s goal should be more realistic.

The 4 cards (all Japanese) are:
E2 Voltorb 34 unlimited
Legend 3 Voltorb unlimited RH
Legend 3 Electrode unlimited RH
Legend 3 Electrode prime unlimited RH

Assuming no new discoveries or Voltorb/Electrode prints, my 5 year goal will be completed. It’s bittersweet, but I can’t wait to free up time that is otherwise used scouring the internet for cards I need haha

7 Likes

^ may have that e2 voltorb lined up for you man

1 Like

Oh, let me know if it is unlimited! Thanks!

Completing all ex-series, will be quite pricey since I only have about 1/3 of all ex and goldstars at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey did you just get these graded with Barney ? X

Likely passing on some of my favorites to people on UPCCC. Much of the value that comes from my collection is tied up in duplicates that are PSA graded. I enjoy having gem mint examples as well as respectable copies for the binders, but I am starting to appreciate the carrying cost of collecting cards in this fashion.

1 Like

Yup :blush:

3 Likes

May I just ask is how long he said you have collected for accurate? If so then sir you do pokemon the right way that’s for sure!

1 Like

I started collecting when pokemon first came out, but i only collected english base set and japanese promos. Most i spent on a card was about £30. I stopped collecting when i went to university and sold all of my cards to fund my university fees. I only recently got back into collecting over a year ago and decided that i wanted to focus on collecting the old japanese trophy cards. Once i brought my first trophy card (TMB No.3), within a month i managed to acquire the no. 2 SSB and the no.1 and no.3 1998 pikachu’s. At the same time, I just missed out on acquiring the illustrator!

1 Like

Here’s few major things:

-do my best finding 4x missing PSA 10 1st ed. Neo Genesis holos to complete set
-continue adding favourite graded cards to collection
-as usual, more sealed items
-binder collections for multiple ex-series sets
-get rid of uncommon/common bulk + other surplus items :grin:

Possibly some other goals too that aren’t so important yet.

1 Like

Just as a guess you need skarmory, typhlosion #17, metal energy and Ampharos?

10/111 Meganium, 14/111 Slowking, 17/111 Typhlosion and 19/111 Metal Energy.

I got half right at least :blush: gonna be hard to chase those as 2 of them have gem mint populations of 1, then metal energy has 2 and slowing has 3, if I ever see mint versions of these you will be the first person ill inform :blush:

mind would be finish off my base set in every langauge im not to far off now need about 90 cards and then im done

2 Likes

Mine would be quite humble, complete my english ungraded Rayquaza collection (only some secret rares left + that pesky gold star) and then move on to heavier drugs! :grin:

1 Like

Oh boy. Here we go.

Probably the ultimate goal would be to get a LC Holo Charizard in PSA 10. I struggle to even think about that one. POP zero btw.

One offs:
PSA 10 Shadowless Charizard
PSA 9 1st edition Dark Dragonite No Holo Error
Trainer Deck A Machamp PSA 9 or 10.

Needs to complete main PSA sets:
2 No Symbol Holos from Jungle
4 Expedition Holos
9 LC Holos (Possibly Upgrade 59 LC Rev 9s)
65 Unlimited Holos (out of 198).

It would be a lot. These cards come out of the pack with damage & centering issues. Chances of finding a nm or better Charizard without issue is near impossible to find.

1 Goal finished this year :grin:

Hopefully can knock out a few more before 2016

3 Likes