What all goes on at worlds?

I’ve heard a lot of people mention The Pokemon World Championships. I know the basics such as people play each other Pokemon tcg/video games for prizes and trophys. What else goes on at worlds? I’m thinking about possibly going for the experience! Would it be worth it for me to go? As i’m just a collector/fan of Pokemon cards and don’t play the TCG? The last time I played the TCG i was probably 10 years old or so lol. I hardly remember how to play.

So if you’ve been to worlds, please fill me in!! Is it free to attend? Obviously I know i’ll need hotel, food ect. I think it looks like a really fun experience and it would be cool to meet some of you guys in person! Thanks

1 Like

Heard there was some sort orgy last year.

Don’t know too many details behind it. All I know is there were 5-6 guys, all crammed into a hotel room, looking at each other’s “binders” for hours on end. Alcohol may have been involved.

You can definitely expect it to happen again this year…

8 Likes

You get to rub knees with legends like smpratte;)

1 Like

I actually LOL’d. Make it 5-6 women and i’ll provide the hotel room.

Any serious info on worlds?

You are a legend as well Gary!! Do you go to worlds also? If you do, i’ll try and come up with a really sad story to tell you, in hopes of you giving me a PSA 10 1st edition Charizard out of sympathy.

1 Like

There was one girl and we all had a good time.

6 Likes

Did the winner (who ever lasted the longest) get one of those Pikachu trophies?

Dressing up like a girl doesn’t count :smirk:

3 Likes

Look at this guy, pretending it’s 1992.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:

I’ve been there last time @2016 (SanFransisco) and it was a pretty wild ride. You gotta get tickets as a spectator and hope you’ll get in- event was completely filled and sold out. Went with the ‘pro-european’ bunch, had an afterparty with the senior worlds champ and some other sick pro European players- great adventure

Also: loads of epic cards and trades happening, mostly behind the scenes but heard some sick stuff happened (at least for my tiny mind) trades being made worth 20k and up.

The real ‘pro’ collectors try to get the champion trophy cards from the winner right away, so furious bidding and offers flying around. I travelled with Jesper and the Eriksen family, heard that he got multiple offers within 2/3 hours of winning the senior championship.

All and all: a real wild rollercoaster, once in a lifetime experience- has to be on your bucketlist (spectating is great but participating in worlds is even better ofcourse)

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Where can I purchase a couple tickets?

Don’t know this exactly, because i always went with an invite- and we had confirmation (hotel,location,entry) about 2/3weeks before it started. After that i think family members have priority on tickets and after that the “normal” spectators can get a limited amount of passes. Ik suppose you could find more info on the Pokémon official tcg website.

Also good to know- the hotel where the event will take place is probably 100% fully reserved for players & family members so find a good hotel in walking distance of the event.

Have fun preparing and hopefully going- I’m going to try to get an invite for next year, Just finished my studies so enough time to play again (and pray that 2019worlds will be @ Hawaii next year with tropical beach as promo!!)

1 Like

orgies