Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

realized I never posted in here so hello! I collected as a kid from base set up to around ex fire red and leaf green, got back into it for a little during the platinum sets for a few months, and then most recently got back into it around 2015ish after buying a first edition gym challenge pack and pulling a rocket’s mewtwo. I enjoy collecting modern japanese (special arts, character rares, and the xy special sets), my favorite pokemon (jirachi, piplup, flaaffy, chikorita, calyrex), and my favorite artists (komiya and asako ito). Always loved the games as well and have played them all except for sun and moon. looking forward to growing my collection in the years to come and discussing the hobby here!

3 Likes

Welcome, @umjammerdanny!

1 Like

Hello! I’ve been lurking for a while, reading the amazing material found on this forum. And now I’m a member!
I’ve been collecting Pokémon cards since I was 5 or 7. Nowadays I collect Yveltal cards in all languages available, and Japanese sealed packs, because they are so cool. I’m also working on a pokédex with my favorite arts and a Yuka Morii collection.

3 Likes

Welcome here @umjammerdanny
Welcome here @walkyrion

1 Like

Sounds like some amazing collection goals! I’m looking forward to your collection thread. :grin:
And welcome to Efour.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Hello,

I am a large seller of high-end authentic factory sealed video games, anime, and graded Pokemon cards. I thought I’d join here since this is where all the Pokemon peeps are at :joy:

3 Likes

Yooo what is up guys! I am mainly a collector! Do sell things from time to time though! My current goal is to complete a PSA 10 Holo Japanese Unlimited set for E2-E5… meaning split earth, town on no map, mysterious mountain and wind from the sea! I do like the non holo unlimited psa 10 too, just haven’t been going after those as much. I do like to collect for my binders so a binder set in Nm condition would be cool too! I am on insta/ebay as well. Lugia_sanctuary

Cheeers!

3 Likes

Welcome here @tidaldreams
Welcome here @pooonjaaabiii

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Hey there, Citri here!

I’ve lurked off and on here for quite some time, but I’ve recently started getting back into collecting full force after a small break, so I’ve decided to finally make an account here.

I love all things Piplup-line and Eevee-line (in addition to many, many other Pokémon), and Yuka Morii and Saya Tsuruta are two of my favorite illustrators. My current main collection focus is (an attempt at) all-language, all-variant, ungraded Piplup Line + cameos + Dawn/Hikari/Akari, and I’d like to start cataloguing a similar style Lillie collection soon as well.

Spreadsheets and research are my jam, and these boards have been a huge help in compiling said personal spreadsheets, so I’m excited to be here officially!

4 Likes

I’m the same, so if you’ve completed your Piplup checklist and want someone to verify it, lmk. :blush: Apparently I’ve made a Piplup list for a collector back at the start of 2019 (which no doubt contains some errors, and is defintely outdated). I make lists like that pretty often for single Pokémon collectors like yourself. :blush:

This is also a very useful thread for all English cameos (unfortunately we don’t have a similar list for Japanese artworks yet), for which there apparently are 8 if I do a quick Ctrl+F for piplup.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. I’m looking forward seeing your collection thread pop up eventually. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Welcome here @citriina

1 Like

A double-check would be much appreciated! Back when I was making my original English checklist, I stumbled upon your list above as well, but since I’m just now expanding out of English, I’ll have to cross reference my spreadsheet with the other languages still.

I’m working on getting photos and such of my collection together before I do an organization overhaul with new things coming in soon, and I’ll add my sheet to that collection thread once I double-check everything again. Seeing everyone’s collections is really inspiring, so I’m excited to show mine as well.

Thank you!! Happy to be here!

1 Like

Welcome, @dhall! Glad to have you here to share your love of the hobby!

1 Like

Welcome here @dhall

1 Like

Hello
I’m from Australia, NSW/VIC.
Had an old collection from when i collected cards back in 1999 when I was a kid.

Never competed in the TCG and enjoyed Digimon more around the time because they could talk
and more relatable as it was based around japanese children growing up in hard times 60hr work week in the 90s, like siblings looking after each other when parents were away for work and digimon has high morals which also was one of the main take away, as opposed to pokemon, ash is still like 15 or something after all this time and never physically growing up and maturing, just like mario is still just 25 years old lol. Anyway I might get into collecting digimon down the road, aiight back on topic…

I got down into the Pokemon Go Hype train big time, spent money on the game which i really regret now because you know, you don’t physically any of it, did that for around 3 years or so, going out in the city (back when i lived in the city) till 3-4am in the morning, well knowing i had work in few hours, my addiction was strong, i’ll just put it like that.

Paul logan came around and reminded the public that pokemon cards exist, I didn’t take much care about it not until about a month ago, i took sharper focus and attempting to understand every small thing on 1999 pokemon cards because i’m very meticulous with everything I do.

Suddenly i subbed to all the based poketubers that actually had substance and knowledgeable in the area of TCG collecting and playing.

Went through my old binder of 1999 with ash on the cover running towards the binder on-looker. Searching desperately for a 1st Edition and low and behold i found my entire fossil set 1st edition, only to find out that they were all fake! Around 50+ of them! They were all glossy too which made me think they were the Australian 2000 fossils but none of them had 2000 written on them.

Though got Base set unlimited with about 60% complete which is neat but not neat for 99% of this community lol!

Now I find out that PSA doesn’t give a shit about 2000 fossils and no rarity print (from which i can understand the no rarity print but would be slick otherwise) and being a poor man, looking to complete my unlimited base set and others which seem out of reach as i’m addicted the prices of PSA 9s-10s and being so far out of reach of my wallet. I don’t like how logan paul impacted this collecting scene to be honest, regular commons getting graded to now PSA charging so much per card, it’s disgusting.
And thank you for reading, feel free to talk/chat to me anytime! :blush:
I’ll leave you with this…
Guns in the pokemon japanese anime; www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai0OSdcNOJo

4 Likes

Welcome here @lysandre

Why thank you, glad to be part of this cool community.

Hello all, my name is Sabrina. I am writing to you all from New York, New York, this is where I currently reside. I am looking forward to connecting globally with others who are passionate about collecting, specifically Pokemon cards.

9 Likes

Welcome, @slimsabby ! Glad to have you here! :slight_smile:

1 Like