Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hi all, I’m 34 and too old to be collecting cartoon cardboard - at least that’s what I’m told.

Started back in 1999 remembering Pokemon coming onto the playground scene replacing POGS and tetherball. Stopped collecting Pokemon when Legendary collection came out and recently got back into the hobby after finding my collection in grandma basement during pandemic. I’m currently trying to complete my childhood 1st edition WoTC collection and have a long road to Veridian City ahead of me.

The Pokemon TCG community on various platforms have been very welcoming so far and hope to get to know you all better in the near future!

1 Like

Welcome here @peeweez0

Hi guys, Oruhgin here

I got into pokemon when it was released in the UK with the original base set, I would get packs with my grampa and we’d chase the holos I had been seeing my friends with at school then I would take my pulls back (in my pocket) to the playground and trade with my peers. The most distinctive memory I had from that time was a holo dark machamp that was blowing around the playground floor and it so happened to land in the middle of the friendship group and as I dived for it a kid stomped it and picked it up and tore it saying he didn’t want us to fight over it lol. I eventually pulled the base set Charizard which I THINK may have been the first edition as those were, funnily enough, the only packs my local had for a long time. A week later the card was stolen by the pastor’s son at church of all places.

I fell out of the hobby just after ruby and sapphire and that collection went missing. I got back into the hobby around the black and white era and collected a serious collection including some PSA slabs and various shinings and gold star cards as well as breaking box after box of sets like flashfire, platinum Arceus, plasma storm, and legendary treasures. I love trading and eventually, the people I traded and spoke with about the hobby fell out of it and I inevitably followed suit getting rid of a truly amazing collection of cards once more, unfortunately.

I got back into at the same time a lot of people did (covid) and have been enjoying going after those cards i have nostalgia with and building back up a collection ill now be able to display and appreciate correctly.

I was recommended this forum in a group chat and im happy to join and become a part of it but bare with me if my knowledge is not to the standards of most users this will be due to the extended breaks over the last 2 decades. Keen to learn and share and witness some of the awesome cards lying in some of the collections you guys have on here.

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Welcome here @oruhgin

Welcome here @kharey

1 Like

Hi there! Name’s Melody :grin: 23 and from the US.

I haven’t been collecting pokemon cards for that long, but I’ve been a huge fan of the games since I was eight and got ruby. Started collecting last year proper when I found the few older cards I got from my sister’s collection years ago lurking around my closet.

Been focusing on collecting basically anything ralts related (love for the little guy started at 8 and has not left since), its evolutions, and just art I find cool or fun.

Don’t really know what I’m doing to be honest haha but enjoying the ride nonetheless! :blush:

3 Likes

My name is Aaron but you can call me Carnako :blush: I’m here because it’s the place to be right? Man this website format really brings on the nostalgia. My interests vary

2 Likes

Welcome here @rek88k
Welcome here @carnako

Sup boyz and girls

G here.

I got into pokemon in 99 baby in Aus where it took off that year. It kind of died as quickly as it started but when I was 18, my nephew and I went to Toys are Us looking to complete my collection from 9 years earlier.

They were selling new cards by that point which surprised me so I bought some power keepers, majestic dawn and platinum.

Aus never really went into lockdown last year at least where I am but some kids at work told me that my cards might be worth thousands. Kids really respect the vintage stuff, asking me about base etc

Little did I know there is a difference between 1st edition and unlimited but the whole thing got me back.

Fast forward a month or 2 later and delta managed to break through into Aus and Ive been collecting again.

Base set, fossil and jungle are a bit too dear for me so Im scouring online looking for cheaper power keepers, majestic dawn and platinum products but they are really quite few and far between or way to expensive when they do come up.

Ive also appreciated some of the japanese cards and art and looking to get into that too!

G

1 Like

Welcome here @lethalarticuno

Hey so I’m new to all of this my name is bunny and I don’t really collect pokemon all that much but I’ve been looking for the pricing of a certain pokemon plush and I have no idea where to even start cause I can’t find anyone who has it!!! It’s the -Mew Giggling with two hands and Sitting 2005 Banpresto Plush with paper tag- and I have looked everywhere

Hey all, I’m new to efour, but I have been lurking here for many months. Just wanted to share the love of pokemon, especially vintage

2 Likes

Hello!

I collected as a kid (Base Set to ~Gym Challenge) and recently got back into it, now trying to complete my Charmander set! I wish I would’ve found this site sooner, seems like there’s lots of resources that would’ve helped me when putting my list together!

3 Likes

Welcome, @kazy ! I recommend checking out @quuador’s amazing thread containing lists for specific pokemon (Link Here). Excellent resource and also, just so happens to already have Charmander there. And there’s plenty more where that came from!

Welcome here @aelienii
Welcome here @sad
Welcome here @kazy

1 Like

Hi everyone… I just started here at this forum as a result from a reddit thread I made. I’m not sure what I have to do to post on the buying thread because I literally just made this account but that’s my goal because I’m looking for some pretty specific stuff (I collect oddish cards and non-tcg cards and memorabilia and stuff)

That will be all!

1 Like

Welcome & www.elitefourum.com/t/the-rules-read-here-first/14022/1
Will answer all your questions

Hi, Been into pokemon on and off throughout the years. Child Collector 1999-2004 then kind of forgot about the card game (still massively into the video games) until 2012 when me and my friend went to Tesco (UK) and saw all the B&W theme decks at the time £2 a pop so we bought the all to compare to WOTC.

Then we both embarked on a quest of car boot sale spelunking until we finished a pokedex of the original 150 but without buying on the internet we found it very difficult to find Neo cards in the UK to complete our 252 desired goal (our age meant Gold & Silver were our main titles). So low key collecting those when seeing them in the physical world until i went off the collecting deep end in mid 2020.

Im actually a fairly competent Coin “expert” (i collect/ have a MA degree) in ancient and medieval coins so it is interesting to me comparing my two hobbies (if anyone was interested id be happy to discuss as long as its semi-relevant to pokemon as i want to respect this forum).I’ve started binder collecting the sets and working on a massive excel sheet to calculate the production numbers of every english set card

1 Like

@minilopo, welcome!

Hi everyone,

I collected as a kid and watched the show/played the game like all of us did. This past year, I’ve gotten back into the hobby with a goal of completing some old WOTC sets (base - neo destiny). Also, I’ve also been ripping some of the new modern stuff while maybe flipping/selling cards I see.

I’m also into sports cards a little bit, mainly football and baseball.

Other hobbies include lifting/working out, hanging with family and friends, and reading.

Excited to be here and learn more about the hobby in general. Also, what does the badges mean in general???

Thanks,
diz

3 Likes