Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hey folks - finally registering here after lurking for a bit. I’m getting back into the hobby after selling most of my childhood cards into the recent hype. I’ve been involved with the Pokemon franchise on and off since I was a kid, most recently as a speedrunner of the Gen 3 GBA games (currently a top Sapphire runner!)

While I initially was just looking to sell off what I had, I’ve started to love the cards all over again and have been buying some of the mintier set cards that I like now that things have calmed down (comparatively speaking). Looking forward to being here!

4 Likes

Welcome here @nmbpkmn

2 Likes

Hey guys, just recently got into Japanese scene of Pokemon and I am in love. Looking forward to learning and gaining knowledge from many of you. I also just got my first grading submission back and can’t wait to grade more cards. Eager to continue on the journey of collecting, selling, trading and doing never-ending research :blush:

1 Like

Welcome, @shadowlesstrainer , @nmbpkmn , @cooler ! Welcome to the habit -er, Hobby. Welcome to the hobby! :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to E4 Admiral!

1 Like

Welcome here @cooler

1 Like

Hey!

Thought I would finally introduce myself. I’m a massive Pokémon fan and returned back to the TCG side of things at the start of last year. I’m the editor over at Ludkins Media but in my spare time I like to collect Mew cards and Pikachu promos.

Huge lurker, so it’s about time I said hi! :blush:

2 Likes

I have to say, this forum has been everything I hoped for. So nice to find a traditional ol’ forum community and not just another subreddit or something

1 Like

Welcome here @venomjojo

Hi I’m Clay.
I’m currently living in South Dakota, but moving to Michigan in a month, as my girlfriend was accepted into the doctorate of veterinary medicine program at Michigan State. I am in a Master of Special Education program currently. I was an NCAA DII cross country and track runner. I mainly collect Pokemon card sets. I do not have deep pockets, so my collection is a slow progression. Like many, I have base, jungle, and fossil completed. I need 2 more cards for Base 2, a handful for Rocket. Then I’m going to finish WOTC black star and shadowless. I don’t collect much graded cards. However, I do have a start to my PSA 10 collection of Flareon.

Also, how do I add pictures to posts? I want to post something in the collections section. Thanks all!
-Clay

4 Likes

Hey there Clay! I was also an all-state level trombone player in high school and I currently run D3 XC and T&F. We are a strange breed, that’s for sure…certainly nice to know another is around! Hope to see more of you on the forum.

There is a guide on how to post pictures here: www.elitefourum.com/t/how-to-upload-images/24249/1 Hopefully that thread answers your question!

Welcome to E4, @tromboneguy360 ! Go ahead and check out @lamplamp 's amazing Flareon collection with this link. He’s what you might call into Flareon. Figure you might like seeing what’s in there :blush:

Also, I lived right by MSU for a time. If you aren’t from or have been to Michigan, I highly recommend the following in East Lansing:

Leo’s Coney Island, Wings over East Lansing, Replay Entertainment Exchange (I think they moved across town), and (if you’re into records) Flat Black and Circular. Since you’re a music guy you might like it anyway–amazing place for music. Oh and Curious Books, if you’re into reading and 2nd hand bookstore. It’s top 5 for me in my life.

1 Like

@brendantheclayboy, thanks for the tag friend. @tromboneguy360, welcome to the forum and glad to see another Flareon collector. I look forward to seeing your first collection post

1 Like

Welcome here @tromboneguy360

Welcome, @venomjojo,@tromboneguy360! Glad to have you!

Hi eFour!

Glad to join fellow enthusiasts. My brother and I started back in the day with anything we can find in garage sales. Paused & resumed collecting numerous times. I enjoy learning something new everyday and hope to continue learning about the hobby and its history from you all!

Also, I’m fluent in english, spanish, portuguese, & still working on my nihongo, so I enjoy collecting in all languages :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Welcome here @rtas

1 Like

New lady here!! I am a UK based collector of misprint cards from wotc :blush:

1 Like

Welcome here @themissprintlady

Welcome, @rtas! Is that a Duraludon holding an energy sword? lol. Nice

1 Like