LampLamp's Flareon Collection

What’s up my dudes. I wanted to create a separate collection thread for my Flareon cards. Graded, ungraded, merchandise, artwork, I love anything that has to do with Flareon. I’ll start with my current graded Flareon collection:

Click if you want to read my long rambling thoughts on why I like each Flareon Card

This card is what started it all for me. I remember going to my local card shop as a kid (Zainy Brainy for those that remember that store) and getting three Jungle Booster packs. I pulled an Unlimited Flareon out of the second pack and immediately fell in love with the artwork. I still think this is one of, if not, the best artwork Flareon has. The purple, green, and red background really shine for me and I love the action pose that Flareon is doing. This exact card was actually my first graded card purchase back in 2018.

Next up is Dark Flareon. I always loved this card in the Team Rocket expansion and felt that it should have been a holo, alongside the Dark Jolteon and Dark Vaporeon. While the Legendary Collection gave Dark Vaporeon some love, Flareon and Jolteon were sadly left out. Regardless of whether it is or is not a Holo, I think this artwork is great. The colors are gorgeous and I think Arita did a great job of taking a cute Pokemon and making it look just the right level of evil.

On the other side of the spectrum is Light Flareon. I like how Flareon seems to blend in with the bright background, emphasizing its stance on the side of light, against the other Dark Pokemon in the Neo Destiny set.

Skyridge Flareon was my first e-reader card purchase, continuing the trend of Flareon leading the charge into newer and newer sets. I like this artwork because of the desert theme. I get the impression that Flareon is just chillin next to the oasis that’s depicted in the other cards in the set. Since I also live in the desert, this card is easy to feel a connection to

Karen’s Flareon was actually the reason why I submitted cards for the Pokemania Special back in 2020. I couldn’t find one that was graded for months so I decided to submit one for myself. Tremendously pleased that it came back a 9 to fit in with the rest of my collection. I like how the fire in this card is surrounding Flareon. I imagine that he’s in the middle of a battle, fighting for Karen against an Elite Four challenger.

Next up is the Japanese Trainer Magazine Promo Flareon. I actually got this one from @gemmintpokemon and it’s been in my collection ever since. This might be my second favorite Flareon artwork. I love how it looks like its layered papercraft.

Moving on to the EX Era:

July 21 2021 Update: At first, the Pop Series 3 Flareon didn’t interest me that much but as I began to research the history behind the card I appreciated it a lot more. Not too many left to go before I hit my first milestone of having a graded copy in 9 or 10 of each unique artwork for Flareon.

On to DPPt/HGSS Era:

Jumping into Gen 5. I don’t like a lot of the (in my opinion) bad CGI artwork for the Flareon cards in this Era so this Flareon from the Sylveon Collection is probably the only one I will pick up.

On to Gen 6: I really like the Radiant Collection from Generations, they really stepped it up from Gen 5 IMO.

If you got this far, thanks for looking. I’ve got more Flareon cards sitting somewhere at CGC, once I get those back I’ll update this thread. Looking forward to the eventual release of Eevee Heroes this August. Given how great the modern alternate arts have been recently, I can’t wait to see what they do for Flareon.

August 12th 2021 Update:

May 26 2021 Update:

June 10th 2021 Update:

Just got this amazing Flareon V Alt Art in from Japan today. I absolutely love the colors, it looks so much better in person than it does online. The detail in the artwork is great too, love the Pokeball rug & Flareon picture on the mantle. You can tell that the artist really put a lot of effort into the detail of the environment. Super excited to pick up an English copy when Evolving Skies comes out in August.

Cards with Flareon in the Background:
July 21 2021 Update:

Starting off strong with this beautiful Umbreon V Alt Art from Eevee Heroes. I actually had no idea that there was a Flareon in this card until I saw a post on reddit about it. If you look closely, you will see that there is a Flareon to the right of the Pinsir, smack dab in the middle of the card text. What’s crazy to me is that I pulled this card from the first Eevee Heroes box I opened.

55 Likes

I love it, lamp. Beautiful presentation!

1 Like

Karen’s Flareon is just ridiculous. Same with Jungle, Rocket, Skyridge, Sandstorm and Unseen, they’re all S tier. Truly a privileged Pokemon in the art department.

Excellent showcase!

2 Likes

@lamplamp, beautiful collection! That trainer’s magazine flareon or the light flareon is probably my favorite, but all of these cards are so nice.

1 Like

Great collection! Flareon is one of my favourite Pokemon and the artworks are always good! I can’t wait for Eevee Heroes!

1 Like

5-26-2021 Small update in the main post :blush:

3 Likes

@lamplamp, very cool collection! I like how you picked the best of each artwork to get in a 9 grade. Getting all variants of every card is beyond challenging, especially with low submissions on some of the common ones.

1 Like

@eeveeteam, thanks for the kind words! You hit the nail right on the head, it has been pretty difficult to find graded versions of the common Flareons due to low pop. Next on my list is the Flareon from Ancient Origins in the Cosmos holo. It doesn’t have a very high PSA pop and the raw cards I’ve been able to find have been nowhere near Mint quality to bother submitting them for grading.

Small update to the main post - Eevee Heroes arrival from Japan :blush:

2 Likes

July Update - Pop Series 3 Flareon and the start of my Flareon peripheral card collection

2 Likes

More so than other pokemon, I really feel like Flareon’s are distinguished by the facial expression. Quite a lot of ‘oh god what’s going on’ faces, as well as ‘quiet confident’ Flareon’s - but I feel like his/her expression is clearly distinguishable in most of them.

1 Like

@pentagon, great observation. I agree and appreciate how much love Flareon has gotten from Pokemon TCG over the years

I have to admit that Flareon has always been my least favorite of the Eeveelutions. But seeing them all together like this really makes me reconsider that opinion. Flareon is absolutely beautiful!

I think thats one of the best parts of Eevee and it’s evolutions, everyone can have their favorite. I’m glad that my collection helps to bring Flareon up the ranking tier in your mind. Which Eeveelution is your favorite?

2 Likes

Umbreon by far. Sort of conforming to the status quo I guess. Then Vaporeon, Espeon, and Jolteon, then the rest just all sort of ranked below there. But, yep, Flareon I would say is now right after Jolteon!

1 Like

August 12 2021 Update: Four new Flareon cards in the mail today

1. PSA 10 2018 SM-P Flareon - I liked this version better than it’s English counterpart because I think the silver border looks better. Not my favorite Flareon but not the worst
  2. PSA 10 Tag All Stars Flareon - I was debating sending the English version of this card in for grading before PSA shut down. After seeing this copy pop up on PWCC, the Japanese version grew on me. I like how Flareon is running through the city at dusk.
  3. Eevee Heroes Flareon V - grabbed it while it was cheap, I still don’t like the artwork all that much.
  4. Eevee Heroes Flareon V SR - in person, this card looks a lot better than I expected it to. I like it better than the regular Flareon V, but it’s miles behind the Flareon V AA.

Overall, excited for when Evolving Skies is released and I can get these modern cards in English. The card images have been added to the main body, I hope you all enjoy!

6 Likes

Wow…I never realized how absolutely adorable these HGSS ones are! Flareon is so excited about the Fire Stone, it’s GREAT!

1 Like

@pigeonsyndicate, yeah I really enjoy the vibe of the HGSS sets too. These Flareon cards prompted me to look into the sets further and now I have nearly complete binder copies of all four HGSS series.

1 Like

What’s up my dudes, happy to share that the loot from the Oct PWCC Monthly Auction has arrived:

20 Likes

This is awesome :grin:

1 Like