Vintage Pokemon Figures

Do any of us on here collect the old school pokemon figures from Tomy ? I love these figures !

If you have any I would love too see them especially the original Japanese sealed versions of the original 151 and the 3rd generation Tomy figures since most came in there own cute little box :pinched_fingers:t3:

These figures also hit my nostalgia hard ! Wish there was a vintage shiny rayquaza figure :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a goal Iā€™ve wanted to complete for a long time but every time I look up Tomy figures itā€™s overwhelming. I thought about trying to get every sealed English version but wasnā€™t sure if all 151 were released state side.

The original Tomy figures are hard to find now. I resolved my longings for them by substituting with the shodo figures:

1 Like

I donā€™t know much about their value but I have a good chunk from when I was a kid and love to still use them as part of my displays. Iā€™m a bit sad that I broke the antenna off my dragonite and butterfree playing with them but at least I used them well!

2 Likes

Did someone say PokƩmon toys?:eyes:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got quite a few figures as part of my Flareon collection. If youā€™re looking to scratch the itch, one of the coolest figure sets in my opinion is the Bandai Scale World. Each PokĆ©mon is ā€œto scaleā€ with all the rest.

Another good choice would be the Re-Ment series

Anyways hereā€™s the TOMY Flareon you asked about:

6 Likes

There are no regular Tomy figures for Seviper, but he was part of the Data Carrier Tomy Figures set. :slight_smile:

To quote from my collection thread:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

That Umbreon looks so cool !

1 Like

I looked some up on eBay , theyā€™re not as cheap as I remembered lol The Charizard is like 50 usd sealed but Iā€™m very tempted :eyes:

Those look amazing!!

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about ! Those were my first figures from PokĆ©mon , as when I was a kid I went too this beach and they had a dollar discount store and they had a HUGE selection of the Japanese figures :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a sweet figure right there

1 Like

If you have the space and time for it sir I say go for it ! I miss those figure sets that came with the poke ball attached too a stretchy string , throwing it too hard ā€¦ breaking some of the house with it ā€¦ oh the good times :pinched_fingers:t3:

@alleybro

Just wanted to let you know that you can make one post and tag each user with an ā€œ@ā€ rather than making 6 separate replies. You can use ā€˜- - -ā€™ to separate each chunk of the message. Hereā€™s how it would look:

@FirstPerson

Write Message

@SecondPerson

Write Message

1 Like

But my fave Umbreon toy is the Starry Night Starium:

7 Likes

Thank you ! I was getting kind of cross eyes going back up too the posts after responding too each one that I missed lol

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you brought these up because it is one of my favorite collections! I couldnā€™t display a full sealed collection so I decided to collect them loose but I have done 1-251 in the TOMY series!

I would have kept going but sadly there are many Gen 3-9 PokĆ©mon that have never gotten a moncolle/tomy figure release and I canā€™t handle the gaps.

@smpratte Sadly there are a few that were not released in any of the US products so a complete sealed 151 collection is only possible in the Japanese releases (but those have pretty nice looking packaging!) Iā€™d have to do some digging to remember exactly which ones are missing in English products but I think Voltorb, Electrode, Ditto, Zubat, and Golbat are some of the notably absent

17 Likes

Just wanted to say that these look so good!

5 Likes

Overwhelming nostalgia in me to see these! Used to have a bucket full of them but were lost one by one over the years and majority were thrown away by parents when moving house.

Holy pooper doodle ā€¦.

I have to ask about that Charizard figure , is that the Japanese Tomy Charizard ? I ask as I have seen one and it has a different pose but maybe Iā€™m just going crazyyy :sweat_smile: