Vintage Pokemon Figures

@thatpikachuguy Oh man, nice collection! I find the size juxtaposition of the Cloyster and the Gastly to be quite funny—that Cloyster is a shrimp! :joy:

I remember lining up some of my figures as a kid and taking a picture. I’ll dig it up when I get home and post it here. Had a lot of good times with those Pokemon toys!

I also had a ton of the smaller Pokemon figures (not sure what company it was, or if it was a mix), but I remember having a blast with this treehouse set up (just a picture I found—sadly, I don’t have anything of these figures/toys left from my childhood):

4 Likes

Here’s a link with more info I found:

2 Likes

Aw yeah, nice to be reminded of all the features and the figures it came with. That thing was a blast!

You are correct that the charizard is a stand in; it is the 2007 figure release Charizard (still by TOMY), the original 1998 one looked like this:

I have one somewhere but I’m not a huge fan of the pose so I swapped in the later version; I think thats the only one though - sharp eye!

3 Likes

7 Likes

I never had any of the playsets but they do look really cool, especially when they specifically reference the anime.

I have always thought the uniform sizing looked a bit silly in some cases but it makes for a nice display! The newer Scale World figures correct for that but don’t have every Pokémon and i was already in way too deep on these!

1 Like

I do collect a few figures and early toys from them. Here are just a few favorites including a regular figure, a Metal Shooter, and a Chara Dash toy:

9 Likes

I think I went a little over board … I BLAME YOU ALL lol

12 Likes

It’s been a while for the thread, but I just remembered to dig out my old picture that I took as a kid. Good ol’ super ball!

8 Likes

This brings me back to the time when I destroyed a Power Bouncer bouncy ball to extract the Vaporeon hidden within. :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I have a sealed, non-Auldey collection. Incomplete right now but it’s pretty decent

13 Likes

This is awesome! I actually want to get all 151 of those figures! It’s something I’ve had on my to do list but keep putting off.

4 Likes

Your collection is amazing to see! So nostalgic and awesome

2 Likes

Yea I’m missing a few, but love the ones I have. I have some raw ones that I can play with too haha.

4 Likes

I still love all my vintage Tomy figures. When I was young I would bring them all on vacation in a ziplock bag and set them up to do an imaginary adventure. Only downside is scythers wing broke along with both butterfree and dragonites antenna. I still use them as background in videos now. They are just so great.

2 Likes

About 6 or 7 years ago I started collecting all these as well with the goal of having all 151. I lost my sheet where I was keeping track of what I’m still missing though but I think I was getting pretty close! I remember buying the same Nidoqueen 6-pack you have shown here, I thought I’d never see that again. Every once in a while I think about taking inventory of what I have but I know for sure I am missing the voltorb/electrode and I think it kills it for me, hah.

2 Likes

That’s an insane one! Could you find it possible to provide closer photos, would love to see them better!

1 Like