Pokemon Plush; who has 'em?

Besides cards I am also a big fan of the plush toys, and have been struggling to find even a small community who also collects them-- but I know I’m not the only one.

So, do you have any? Do you seek them out and collect certain ones? I will update this thread with pictures later.

2 Likes

Never collected them but did get (and still have it) a small bulbasaur from an airport on the way home from spain in 1999

2 Likes

Cmon. I’m too old to play with plushes;)
I bet you never saw that Pikachu before.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Went to a convention where they had a Pachinko machine and the prizes were official pokemon plushes. I won a 10" blastoise, 6" haunter,dragonite and meowth. Now if it’s less than 5 bucks I buy it if I don’t got it. :blush:

1 Like

6 Likes

I actually collect a Pikachu plush for every event or trip I go on.

For example… I have one from each time I go to worlds, Pokemon center cafe, anime expo, Japan, etc.

I can look at each plush and it’ll remind me of the trip :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest though, I was trying to do this with charizard plushies, however, Pikachu is at EVERY Pokemon related event/store. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Umm excuse me, where is your Bulbasaur?

2 Likes

Haha well done. That Pika was actually created by and gifted to me by the animator Akemi Ota. She was married to a famous Japanese director (I don’t recall his name) who was also an anime animator. This was in 1998. I don’t believe she was connected to the Pocket Monster franchise.
I really treasure it:)

2 Likes

To my recollection I’ve only ever owned one, it was a Gengar and I got it around 6 years ago.

I’d just moved into my new flat as I was starting my University degree, we had a few friends round for drinks, we all got a bit hammered, I somehow ended up browsing eBay and found the Gengar there.

Got into a bidding war with someone else who clearly wanted it but I came out the victor; having paid an inordinate amount.

It was eventually stolen at a further party a few years down the line.

I’m not (that) bitter, but I hope whatever scoundrel took it is enjoying it.

2 Likes

I have lots of Pokemon plushies, old and new. I really like the Pokemon Center plushes as they are very high quality. I like to pick new ones of my favorite Pokemon and overall if I think they are cute. I just recently got this Rowlet summer life plush as I thought the idea was so cute, he has a tree house and you can take the Rowlet out from there if you want to.

9 Likes

I love plushiessss, they are nice additions to your collection and look great on display.

Some people have some awesome plush collections, and there is quite a few obscure rare ones in Japan. Like the early 2000s jumbo Tomy takara plush, which look epic.

1 Like

A couple of my plushies I have over here! I earned the middle 3 recently from side events at Nats!

9 Likes

Have lots all the quite cheap ones. Theyve been a great way to teach my partners little daughter the names of pokemon. That venusaur is the next to buy. Need to bite the bullet and get it.

2 Likes

I love plushies and always pick up my favorite Pokemon when I see them. I have quite a few now. Some of my favorites are Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Raichu, Dragonite, Chikorita, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Dratini, the old school jumbo Meowth, Psyduck, Abra, and Slowpoke. I also really like when Tomy does Pikachus for holidays (Santa hat pika, pumpkin pika, and witch pika come to mind).
Maybe there aren’t as many communities because there isn’t as much to talk about. Idk. I think they are really cool.

3 Likes

First, my Pokemon center official faves;

5 Likes

Followed by my other official licensed merchandise;

1 Like

The unofficial merch faves;

1 Like

Saw it at GameStop while I was on vacation and had to pick it up. First plush. No regrets.

1 Like

My very well loved Vaporeon from the Pokemon center in NYC, and finally, the giant shiny Drifloon plush my friend made for my birthday

6 Likes