Collecting Pokemon/Vintage Products Not Including The TCG

Anyone else in here besides me collect various other items besides just the trading cards?
I myself really love collecting old 90’s/2000’s boxed toys, sealed products, vintage games in box, vintage consoles in box, even some newer games/consoles to keep sealed, vintage sneakers, etc.
In regards to Pokemon I’ve been collecting a lot of the old sealed toys. Really hits me in my nostalgia vibes seeing that stuff displayed in the original packaging.

Anyone else?

8 Likes

I just finished collecting all of the mainline games (and a few spin-offs) complete in box. I have a link in my signature if you would like to check them out! I also have the Toys R Us Pikachu N64 and the Pokeball version of the New 2DS XL.

The sealed toys are always fun to look at. I would definitely get the original Pokedex if I collected sealed product.

3 Likes

Thats incredible man! I just looked at your collection and that’s what I aspire to have one day! I have quite a few of those but still a few more to hunt down. Id eventually liked to get a sealed Silver version as well!
Thanks for sharing
I also have the Pikachu N64 toy story edition, Limited edition gold/silver gameboy complete in box, Pikachu edition 3DS XL sealed complete in box, and others. Love collecting those

And yes I have 3 of the pokedexs from my childhood. None sealed though. That would be really cool to own.

1 Like

Woahhh now that is cool!Definitely a unique item I’ve never seen before. Personally every time I see that cover art I get sent right back to when I was 7 years old lol

1 Like

I personally don’t really collect anything Pokémon-related outside of cards tbh (I have some non-TCG cards; a TFG Seviper figure; and a Seviper plushy), so I can’t contribute much to this thread unfortunately.

But @shizzlemetimbers’s latest few collection additions are amazing. He focuses on the very first Japanese Pokémon products from 1996, before the TCG was even released:

www.elitefourum.com/t/shizzlemetimbers-collection-2022-6-years-in-the-making/13665/205
www.elitefourum.com/t/shizzlemetimbers-collection-2022-6-years-in-the-making/13665/219

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Dang! I just checked it out and that’s definitely some stuff you don’t see everyday! I bet there’s so much history most of us don’t even know about Pokemon in Japan. I’ll be traveling there in the spring of 2022 and hopefully I can find some cool stuff like the stuff in those threads to add to the collection. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I collect a lot of the non-tcg cards from Japan plus other non-card related items such as books, postcards, stamps, figures…pretty much anything that catches my eye lol. Here are two of my favorite items, both featuring Mew :grin:

6 Likes

Not much of a toy collector myself, but using the thread as an excuse to post a few classics… (not my pictures)

12 Likes

Woah! What are those?! Specifically that box on the left. That thing is dope! And I love the art! I wanna add that to my collection haha

So classic! The pokedex is a must. And I’m honestly not sure what the giant poke ball is I never had one as a kid. But one of my fav things is the Pokemon figures sealed in box. That genera Is badass also. One of the best figures. I have a sealed Pikachu Pokeball blaster set. Love it

2 Likes

The Pokeball was a basic game with some rudimentary motion control elements - from Bulbapedia:

The game features a series of LED lights in a circle, and is played by tilting the toy and navigating the single LED. The objective is to tilt the LED into the center and pressing both capture buttons, which leads to the capture of the Pokémon onscreen. It can be seen as a spiritual forerunner to Digital Poké Ball D & P and the Cyber Poké Ball series.

If you ever played either of the Pokemon Pinball games, the premise was slightly similar with different Pokemon appearing at random to collect. Kept me amused, but there were fewer entertainment options for a kid in 1999, ha.

1 Like

Thank you! The box on the left is a sealed puzzle and the one on the right is a tree stump clock lol

ahhh I see. Crazy to see how far technology has come since back then haha. And yes I feel like kids (including myself) were so easily entertained back then. Just give me a bike, a gameboy, some pokemon cards and I’m good to go lol.

That is a really sick sealed puzzle box. Love the art, I might try to find one for the collection! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Always happy to see more fans of the non-TCG. The non-TCG bug bit me early since my Newbury Comics had a huge slew of Japanese items including toys, stickers, cards, postcards. You name it. I remember looking through old Japanese magazines and books and seeing some of the stuff I’m now privileged enough to own today.

Some of my favorites include this sealed Pracoro Dice Set:

This Poke Lid Replica:

But my favorite so far is this CoroCoro 4-Gag Theatre Comic board signed by Kagemaru Himeno herself:

8 Likes

Appreciate that an thanks for sharing!
And wow those are some amazing items right there! I’m jealous. You must be a big Gyarados fan!
Some sick stuff making me want to go hunt for some cool vintage shit lol

!!! I completely forgot about that Poke Ball game and the Poke Ball Blaster!! I remember getting so frustrated with the Poke Ball game because I could not for the life of me figure out how to play it. I had a lot of fun just carrying it around with me though lol. This really brought me back, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Yes!! I honestly don’t remember why this was fun! But I spent hours using it hahaha! I absolutely loved it for no real reason. The Pokédex of course is super cool and I’m happy I still have mine from childhood, but I completely forgot about the ball until this post. Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s definitely sick. Super nostalgic for me as well. Remember trying to collect all those little Pokemon figures. But back in the day Pokemon toys were harder to find. They weren’t at every store lol

2 Likes

Never played with the Pokeball but definitely looks cool. And of course the Pokedex is a classic. We were all real life Pokemon trainers with that thing back in 1999/2000 hahah

1 Like