Shizzlemetimbers Collection 2022 - 6 Years in the Making

OK so I never thought the day would come that I would be able to post this but a dream of mine for about 3/4 years has come to fruition so here goes :blush:
Back in late 2016, early 2017 I came across a research paper that among other things interviewed the original distributor of the Pokemon card game that we all love. In said paper this particular passage caught my eye:

When I first saw this I was very excited since I had no idea about the event or this mythical flyer and what the beauty would look like. Over the coming months I researched more about the event and found some cool stuff, here is the map of the event including the entrance and exit points that the flyers were distributed to the attendees.

Here are the only pics I could find of the event, including the total attendees at 63,400. Crazily in all the photos no pics of anything Pokemon which sucks lol.

Armed with this info I was like OK shizzle 63,400 people that’s a good amount should have no problem getting one sooner or later…
Fast forward a couple years of me searching almost everyday on auction sites with no luck lol, our Lord and Savior Pkonno listed the flyer on the 21st April 2020. It was snapped up immediately for 120,000yen which I was sad about since my dream had slipped through my fingers.

The one thing that is most important to me about this flyer is that it transports you back right to the beginning of Pokemon’s history. With Pkonno we all know that his listings are almost certainly file copies which although incredibly awesome does not translate to being at the very first moment of Pokemon card history, maybe Pkonno was there at the event and just kept the extras but most likely this is not the case. Over the coming months Pkonno listed a few more flyers with a more boosted price of 250,000yen I ummed and ahhed and eventually convinced myself that I wanted one that was handed out at the event, I don’t care if it took me 10, 20 or 30 years.
But in true 2020 fashion I didn’t have to wait decades and here I present to you the first Pokemon Card Game flyer handed out at the 4th Next Generation World Hobby Fair on 23/24th of August 1996 and most importantly to me at least not a file copy :blush:

32 Likes