Very Light Surface Scratches Grading

Hi all, just wondering how strongly very light surface scratches on holo cards are typically considered by PSA in grading. I have multiple cards that look perfect but when you shine a light on them and look from a particular angle, lots of super tiny scratches appear on the holo. Thanks for the help!

If you’re lucky a 9, likely 7/8 though.

3 Likes

How many is alot?

This was predicted a 7.

It’s in full sunlight which is going to show literally everything.

1 Like

This one predicted an 8

Oh okay that’s good to hear. Most of my cards aren’t scratched up as much as this so maybe I am in 8-9 range. Were your predicted grades from Ludkins?

Yes they were from Ludkins.

I guess the severity of the scratches play a part.

That first Charizards scratches are fairly visible in normal lighting at any angle where as the second Charizard, the scratches only appear holding the card at an angle.

I’m hoping it will get a 9 as it’s very nice otherwise but it’s still going to be an age until I find out.

Just takes so long to grade stuff , no wonder already graded cards have shot up.

2 Likes

I thought scratching that bad would drop the grade more. Is there any other defects, can you show the backs?

www.elitefourum.com/t/just-for-fun-predict-grade-before-going-to-psa/28752/1

Here’s the link to an older thread I made just prior to sending the cards away.
The pictures of the back of those two cards are there also.
The backs are excellent with near minimum whitening so I think its the scratches that have hammered the grade potential.

1 Like