Tiny scratches on the back of card

Hey everyone. I’m wondering how small scratches on the back of a card affects the grade. I’m talking hairline scratches, ones that can’t be seen unless you are shining light at a certain angle.

Examples: imgur.com/a/qWhHfr3

If the card is absolutely perfect in every other way, would some of these scratches on different areas of the back drop the card from a 10?

The scratches on the center of the pokeball certainly will

Even if they can’t be seen without looking with light at a certain angle?

Most scratches are like that, especially holo scratches. I have cards with holos that look stunning at first glance but are scratched to hell if you put a direct light on them at a certain angle. That’s just the nature of hairline scratches (on the holo or not). So yes, it will definitely affect the grade (or it at least it certainly should).

Yea that’s what I figured. I have just seen people say that psa doesn’t care as much about scratches on the back compared to the holo. I’m just gonna send them in anyway and see what happens

1 Like

From personal experience they can effect the final grade. It is possible they may get overlooked depending on the grader but it is rare and much more common that they will get identified.