USPS to UK delivery costs and better alternatives please?

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was wondering what postal service is best to ship to the UK please? Im wanting to order something from the US, but they want to use USPS. Will I get hefty charges when it gets to me pleasE? Such as parcel force £13 plus import charges(item is $70 and $22 shipping via first class USPS)
Does anyone know if theres a better method to post please? Royal mail, UPS? or will I avoid the charge that I hear I will incur from the way USPS send.

Please advise

Thank you!

Greg

USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service
Est. delivery between Mon. 15 May. - Thu. 25 May.
US $22.38

A5 bubble mailer envelope will most likely be the package it weights about 300 grams. Does this sound right? I just know with my luck itl end up costing me $50+ total for shipping probably more based on my read ups of the USPS

You cannot avoid import costs without using a middleman service, it’s the way how it works.

I dont mind the VAT etc as thats standard.Its the fact parcel force will charge me 13.50 for shits and giggles and invoice me for it! If that wasnt the case im more than happy to pay any of the usual charges as is with international delivery.

Do you think id be better paying the above postage or biting the bullet and paying nearly double.

Item is $70

Postage:
US $23.47 (approx. £18.11) International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom
help icon for delivery - opens a layer
| See details

Item location:
New York, United States

Posts to:
United States and many other countries | See details
Import charges:
US $24.76 (amount confirmed at checkout)
help icon for delivery - opens a layer
Delivery:
Estimated within 7-12 working days