Ebay international shipping options

Someone recently asked me if I’d ship something on my Ebay to Europe (from the US), so looking into my options. Since it’ll be less than a pound total, it’s shippable by USPS First Class Package International or by Ebay International Standard Delivery. Aside from cost, is there any service differences between the two? Does First Class not have tracking?

Additionally, I’ve never shipped anything internationally before so anything I need to know/do? It looks like I need to fill out a customs form and drop it off at a post office, but anything else? Thanks for any advice.

Ebay international comes with free insurance and less liability. You ship it to their facility in the USA and they slap an international label on. It also costs the buyer less money for that service. What I do is offer free shipping for USA, then have ebay charge their rate for international, then you don’t pay ebay fees on the shipping costs.

1 Like

Use GSP. Especially if you have never shipped internationally before. You just ship to a US address and eBay does the rest. Also you are completely covered if anything goes wrong.

5 Likes

While we’re at it, does anyone in the US have a cheap shipping option from US to Aus?
Bought a cheap custom painted card from IG and I got this message from the seller
“ Okay so a little bit of a bump in the road because USPS (the carrier I usually use for my shipments) has suspended shipments to Australia for Covid reasons. Because of that I am only able to ship through UPS which would be $41 USD. Through USPS usually it would be around $20. So that leaves us with two options: we wait until USPS brings back normal first class shipping to Australia or we can send it through UPS for $41 usd plus $25 usd (which is the charge for the commission). I apologize for the inconvenience of this I just want you to have the choice so you don’t have to pay an absurd amount for shipping.”

You’re not going to get anything cheaper than USPS First Class ($15-16 USD) to Australia, and yes USPS currently has that tier suspended.

I personally have never had anything but a positive experience with eBay Standard Intl. delivery, esp. when compared to First Class Intl.