USPS International Shipping 2018

Hi everyone, quick question about shipping internationally from the US. For low-value cards, I do international shipments the same way I do domestic ones: toploader in a PWE with the appropriate non-machinable postage. This has always worked, until one got returned yesterday saying it needed to be shipped as a package.

I did some research and found that the USPS changed its policies in Jan 2018 and no longer allows merchandise to be sent by First Class Mail International. Do the US-based sellers here know of any similarly cheap options? For now I’ve just updated all my listings to use First Class Package International Service, and accepted that international sales will probably drop off sharply due to the increased cost.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

There are no cheap international shipping options any longer. In order to ship internationally, you must choose First Class International Package for any non-document goods. This starts at something like $13.00 through Pitney Bowes.

4 Likes

There is the First Class Mail International letter option. Of course you have to use stamps and its roughly about $1.50 an ounce. Unfortunately, this service does not offer tracking info, so it isn’t too good to use for eBay. Have sent cards internationally this way in the past, but rather not risk it any longer due to eBay needing tracking on nearly all items.

Thanks for the confirmation - I’ll keep my ebay listings set to First Class International Package then.