How to ship cheap international mail with tracking?

Hey guys.

I’ve shipped internationally before and used First Class Package. It cost me $13.50 and when I asked about tracking and all, the woman at the post office said that First Class International wasn’t trackable. I need to send another package internationally and I’d really prefer tracking on this, but I am not sure what the most affordable way to do so is. If anyone could assist me that would be wonderful.

Thank you!

It depends on size and weight. A few singles can easily go in a First Class Mail International Large Envelope for $3-6-ish with tracking. Heavier/larger/oddly-shaped items would have to go in a package.

Personally, I avoid doing anything in person at the post office, as it’s just a colossal hassle. If I’m selling to an international buyer, I make sure to have them pay through goods & services; this lets me print large envelope labels directly through PayPal. If you’re selling on eBay, you can enroll in the Global Shipping Program which lets you ship to a local sorting center at domestic rates.

she lied to you, you can get tracking for first class international at the post office, I do it all the time.

Cheaper method is to use paypal’s shipping system, the tracking is no extra cost and the shipping charge is way less than the PO.

I have a random question concerning paypal shipping. I tried the other day but it asked me for a business name. I can just put a random name there? I went to the PO instead, but here in Canada shipping prices are crazy high so if I can save even 10-15% with paypal I’ll give it a shot if it’s not too much hassle.