Shipping Overseas?

Generally, I have steered clear of shipping overseas the last few years after a few bad experiences. Tried it again for the first time in a while and the package was lost during the initial COVID outbreak but fortunately I was protected through eBays Global Shipping program.

My question is if it is worth it or not to risk shipping across seas? It is my first time doing a higher end deal from an interested buyer in Europe (I’m in USA). Do I always do global shipping program through eBay? Do I do Fedex? Is something better than the other?

I’ve sold mainly to Canada and Australia. Not through eBay, but through FB groups. I use USPS normal basic express for like 26 I think…says it takes about a week. Add extra insurance if you want.

Send it off, if something happens it’s covered.

1 Like

Depends how high end the deal is. GSP has a value cap at $2500 USD i belive. I personally use UPS for higher end deals, never had any issues and 2-3 days from USA to UK. I’m sure FedEx is equally as good but they don’t insure as high as UPS.

2 Likes

I’ve bought a lot from America (Australian here) and haven’t had a problem.

Either go Fedex express for high value items or USPS for everything else.

1 Like

I buy a lot from overseas. I’m uk based. I would just warn you that although I have not had any problems with items not arriving, they are taking a lot longer to get through customs due to covid 19. Just maybe warn a buyer to give it time to arrive and always send with tracking so that you can make sure it is on its way

1 Like

I sold a 3k item 2 weeks ago as priority express USPS to the UK.

Tracking says it has been held in Coventry parcel force since last week Monday. So much for 3-5 business days. Stupid customs…

Bought tons from USA even during peak COVID. Im based in Asia. FedEx Priority never failed to reach me within 3 to 5 working days. USPS Priority on the other hand ranged from 2 weeks to 5 weeks.

After a couple of bad experiences with couriers, I only sell internationally through GSP and have had no issues for the past 3 years.

Despite not being a perfect system it removes your liability if something happens in the international side of things. It may be helpful to explain to the buyer that they are purchasing through GSP and any international postage queries should be directed to ebay customer service, this will avoid confusion if there are any problems.

If everything goes according to plan any courier (Fedex, UPS, etc.) is good, it is when things fail and you fall into the bureaucratic nightmare of dealing with international lost/damaged item claims that you wish you had passed that responsibility to ebay.

For me it’s GSP all the way.

1 Like

Just stick with GSP. Especially under current circumstances.

I’ve had my last 3 international packages lost or damaged. All GSP. All protected. 0 headache.

3 Likes

GSP is great, unless your selling items above $2500, in which case you’d need to look at a different shipping method

1 Like