eBay Global Shipping Programme..

…is terrible. I’ve heard many bad things about it, but an item I wanted was only sold via the GSP.

It’s slow, it’s expensive and I haven’t got my item still!!

80% of the time I don’t even have to pay a customs charge anyway…ridiculous!

Anyone else used it?

1 Like

I only ship internationally via the Global Shipping Program, never had any problems with it. Then again I’ve never been on the receiving end of it

1 Like

I’ve bought via the program before, got my item in decent time, was a tad pricey though

2 Likes

It’s off topic a bit but it’s related to overseas shipping from US:

Guys, I don’t know about other European countries but in Poland we have something like middleman USA service. I’m sending all things that I bought from eBay to their warehouse and the charge only for shipping from them to me.

This site that I’m using also have middleman service for other European countries (but it’s more expensive than shipping to Poland, but it should be profitable if you buy a lot). The only problem is that the site itself is only in polish language. Let me know if you want their site address by PM.

It is nice for sellers because we can ship domestic and be free of our burden to deliver the item.

It is astronomically expensive for buyers. It is also slow. I cannot recommend it. :\

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never heard any buyers praise it. Whenever I list an item though I always included this in the description:

**INTERNATIONAL = GLOBAL SHIPPING

:wink:**

1 Like

Way to expensive, rather take the risk of higher importtaxes, they only randomly check boxes

I believe ebay stands to make a tiny profit from each transaction.

to the sellers for ebay global shipping program.

Have you guys have any problems with this program?

Yeah, tiny… lol

Obviously anyone can sell how they like although there have been and still are MANY items i would buy including single cards but cannot justify spending $25 to ship a card.

I’ve also had experiences where sellers have missed out on over 150 dollars in the space of 20 minutes due to missing out on multiple complete sets because you “can’t combine shipping using the program”. I was continuously outbid around $10 a set as I had to factor in $35 shipping per item.

It may be a little safer but in the end it can cost sellers too. It’s a shame the 5-10% of turds result in such an distrusting environment.

1 Like

blerh… not this crap again… gsp is annoying…

I have to find the screenshot of where some of my packages went from America…

It started in the USA, and then went to be sorted through Europe for a few weeks, then came to Australia, and then within Australia there was literally like 7 updates saying it was moving in Australia, every day in the same area, which was nowhere near my house. then after over a month it arrived.

blerh… just need to be patient, but it will come…

worst ever was waiting over 3 months for a package…

Hmmm, I just don’t have the heart to force a customer to use the GSP. It’s a total ripoff.
I really don’t see an upside to it except for sellers who never shipped internationally.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever really bought cards but recently decided to sell off some to expand a bit, because I have no idea about intl shipping I only offered domestic but if I were to ship intl, the first few times I would use the programme just till I was comfortable without it. Honestly, I think it’s just a shame it’s so expensive for buyers.

its very expensive for me when ordering international items to the UK. For example when i buy items from the US, i have sent to my Forward shipping address in Ohio and its usually free P&P within the US. Then once i have a few items at my forwarding address, i get them dispatched all together in one parcel to me in the UK.

It usually works out cheaper for me this way than using the GSP

I refuse to use the global shipping program as it was loosing me sales,mainly from Europe, it is a complete con and ebay will make a furtune becuase of it.It is beneficial for smaller sellers that will feel more secure sending items abroad using the program.Before I signed out of the program about 5 items were sent using it and I had good feedback from the customers so the service is good enough at doing what it says on the tin,but is not good for sales in my opinion.

1 Like

Hey Dipzy that sounds good!What company do you use and do you have to pay tax once it arrives in the UK or do they just send a parcel addressed to you?

I use Borderlinx

When Borderlinx receive your parcel, they may charge tax depending on the items value.

Any customs, you pay before the item is shipped so when it arrives in the UK, no customs charge.
They use DHL which are very quick

Check out there site, they got lots for Q&A and sections dedicated on ordering items from US to the UK and how shipping works etc. very useful :blush:

Thats great cheers mate:-)