eBay Global Shipping Program - Too Frustrating!

One of the most frustrating things that happens with GSP that I have experienced multiple times.

Note* It wastes almost a week just to get it to the Global Shipping Center…(That week could have been spent getting shipped to me directly)

I ordered a single card and I live in Statesboro.

ORDER DATE

Jan 24, 2017

In Transit with Destination Carrier

Feb-11-17, 13:52 PM, STATESBORO, GA30458 30458

Feb-10-17, 13:13 PM, ATLANTA, GA30369 30458

Feb-10-17, 12:59 PM, ATLANTA, GA30369 30458

Feb-08-17, 14:58 PM, JACKSONVILLE, FL32099 30458

Feb-07-17, 06:21 AM, EVANS, GA30809 30458

Feb-07-17, 06:20 AM, EVANS, GA30809 30458

WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!

Feb-06-17, 15:50 PM, STATESBORO, GA30458 30458

Feb-03-17, 17:45 PM, STATESBORO, GA30458 30458

Feb-03-17, 16:15 PM, STATESBORO 30458

Feb-03-17, 13:46 PM, GA1 30458

Feb-03-17, 13:32 PM, GA1 30458

Feb-03-17, 10:37 AM, GA1 30458

Feb-01-17, 18:06 PM, Ebay WND 30458

Customs Cleared

Feb-01-17, 14:55 PM, New York JFK/Micom 30458

Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination

Feb-01-17, 01:28 AM, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 2JL

Customs Documentation and Labeling

Jan-31-17, 16:28 PM, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 2JL

Processing at Global Shipping Center

Jan-31-17, 16:27 PM, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 2JL

2 Likes

Unfortunately this thread will go nowhere my friend.

Too many sellers think the GSP is the greatest thing since sliced bread (primarily because they’ve never been on the receiving end of it).

You’ll get a bunch of “but I’d never send overseas” and “you’d never have access to x without the GSP”.

It is frustrating, especially when labelled as priority mail and it takes weeks to get to the destination…

5 Likes

No excuse for GSP sellers, take a look at @pokemonrevolution they can send tracked PSA internationally for $4USD through USPS.

I would understand GSP if there were no other services available but to have the cheapest tracked service available in the world at your disposal and people opt for GSP…

(@charchu I’m guessing yours was from UK to US, which is also absurd especially since US has no import fees, I’m speaking generally from a US perpective using GSP)

P.S

F the GSP

5 Likes

I’m one of those assholes selling with GSP.

I use GSP because it’s the only real way to insure myself. I’ve bought through GSP and I know it sucks in lots of ways, but I just can’t bring myself to risk getting screwed over. My direct USPS insurance claims don’t work (only won 2 of my 5 cases that should have been obvious and in my favor). People aren’t comfortable with gift payments to eliminate my risk for obvious reasons. People don’t like hearing “purchase at your own risk.” So I use the only system that is willing to give me and my buyer their money back if something doesn’t pan out right.

Show me something else doing that with the convenience of GSP and I’ll switch over tomorrow.

4 Likes

I’m insulted by that comment. I’m an asshole and you have never been at any of the meetings.

4 Likes

Wow. What kind of asshole just skips all the asshole meetings? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I heard those meeting are always full of shit

4 Likes

@omahanime Please confirm. I wasn’t in attendance. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just wondering, do you get any return claims or complaints from your customers when you use GSP?

Nope. I’ve probably just not done the volume necessary to hit the 1 in 100 people who do raise hell with it. I’m a collector, not a dealer. But I can’t imagine it being worse than alternatives even when scaled.

Yup, UK to US. One seller I spoke to never shipped anything out on his own internationally and that was why he used the gsp, so in that perspective I completely understand.

1 Like

I’m talking more lower value items being sent through GSP, it looks like you would be selling higher value items which one could argue in favour for GSP but still icky and maybe there are cheaper options out there via fedex or dhl etc.

Wow so insured through USPS and they didn’t pay out that sucks, how did that work if it is with signature on delivery it surely must be cut and dry?

There is no International USPS $4 option to ship a psa card. The cheapest shipping option with tracking for Non-GSP sellers (like myself) is first class delcon, which is around $10-14 for 3oz package. If sellers decide to eat part of that cost, that is their choice. But there is no actual $4 service.

I always defend the sellers that use GSP, not necessarily the service itself, because there isn’t another option. My goal is to focus that frustration in the right direction. The sellers are handcuffed. Sending anything without tracking internationally is suicide. First class delcon is a solid option, but there are plenty of countries that don’t qualify or do their job and track the package. Classic case of don’t hate the player, hate the game.

2 Likes

I am just speaking from my perspective shipping items in a country without any GSP service available (my cheapest option works out to approx. $18USD and $22USD to add signature) I am just jealous of the ability to ship so low lol

I have received PSA cards from sellers in the US with tracking with postage costs of between $4-6USD it says it on the package itself, perhaps these have been through PayPal service but recently pokemonrev posted on their Instagram that they are now able to ship for $4USD after speaking with an USPS agent, hopefully pokemonrev could enlighten those details.

I just question the difference between shipping insured vs. GSP surely if someone is that paranoid about being liable for a lost package insurance would cover it but seems Chrurlocker ran into some issues with that but doesn’t make sense if the item is insured unless USPS readily dismisses insurance claims which would be an issue and understandable in that case.

@shizzlemetimbers Here is a screen grab for first class for packages (cheapest option) from both ebay and USPS:

I am able to get a slightly better price with “Top Seller” status. That status is not held by majority of sellers. Basically with the Top Seller discount, it still doesn’t break $10. :slightly_frowning_face:

There is a paypal option for $4-5 but that is intended for letters. If people are sending their psa cards that method, it has a risk of the buyer paying fees or being returned. Letter mail is not supposed to be rigid, that is one of the main qualifiers. Anything sent in a bubble mailer that is rigid is considered a package, according to USPS. Also, in my experience, this letter service only full tracks major countries (AU, UK). I have used it for cheap raw cards before, and had issues with non AU/UK countries. The quote I provided above for delcon service will fully track for a significantly larger group (asia, some of south america). GSP will track for the most countries.

Here is a screen grab of the cheap service, the only two options are “large envelope” and “Letter”.

2 Likes

There is a cheap option with tracking. If you go on Log in to your PayPal account, you can ship International First Class Mail with delcon, starting at $3.50-ish or something. I ship single PSA cards like this all the time. Not sure how smpratte doesn’t know this. What a noob… (loljk, don’t kill me Scott). The key thing is to make sure you only ship to countries for which there’s delivery confirmation from USPS. Otherwise, you’re screwed.

Insurance is a hassle. It usually takes long to get anything resolved, and even then, there are a lot of things that could cause them to not give you a refund. I personally don’t insure packages that often, unless it’s something the buyer wants or something really valuable.

2 Likes

@patriotsfan117 Haha! Yeah that option I believe is intended for letter mail (non rigid items). I have used it for cheap raw cards, and it only fully tracked to the major countries (had issues with japan, singapore). Delcon via ebay has the best full tracking results in my experience.

Have you shipped to countries like singapore with the $4 option @patriotsfan117? I am curious how it hangs with the less prominent countries.

It is. However, the label that prints out is the same regardless of whether you pick the $4 option or the $10+ option. I’ve sent small boxes using the cheaper option (obviously goes past $4 bc weight),and USPS hasn’t had an issue with it… yet lol.

I’ve shipped to Malaysia before and tracking updated to “delivered”. I sent to Japan once, and tracking didn’t update after the package left US customs :confused:
There’s a list of countries for which USPS offers full tracking: pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

Not sure how current it is, as I’ve sent packages to Italy multiple times and the tracking has always updated entirely (link says service was suspended in 2014?? Lol)

This is my experience as well! I had a couple packages done through Ebay delcon that fully tracked to Japan, Russia, which were/are both not on the delcon list. However I did the paypal “letter” option for both Russia, Japan and neither tracked after they left the US. This was the same with Singapore, but with ebay delcon Singapore worked.

The main difference I notice from the ebay label is that “post express” at the top. I don’t know if that little guy means “you have to track”, but for whatever reason the ebay option is more successful in my experience.

1 Like

Weird, but I guess that might be why eBay’s labels have a higher success rate lol. Then it goes back to the usual problem. Do you pay less, and risk tracking not updating, or pay a little more but with a higher chance of the tracking updating as it should? You would think there’d be an option by now that was 100% reliable and not crazy expensive lol.

1 Like