Shipping internationally

Hey guys so I’m looking to expand and to start shipping internationally as i get a lot of requests. The only problem is how do i protect myself? It’s useless to get the insurance if i cant get signature confirmation on my items. Being the buyer “if they are a scammer” can say they never got the package and i cant do anything about it and i wont win the claim cause the tracking will show it was delivered to the country but not to the persons door. So that will automatically end up in the buyers favor…event if i get insurance its useless cause it will show on the tracking delivered which is what they will look at. So how do you guys do it? Is there a company that offers signature confirmation internationally? Any help is appreciated thank you in advance guys! :blush:

gsp

pretty much every country has tracking and signature.

2 Likes

If delivery confirmation is available, then I use USPS First Class or USPS Priority.
If delivery confirmation is unavailable for the above services: USPS Registered Mail (which has delivery confirmation due to the nature of the service).

1 Like

As an European I have to say that Both USPS First Class and USPS Registered Mail need the same time to cross the pond. And in both ways I feel save at the receiving end. GSP takes a week to 10 days longer for double the costs, but adds some protection for the seller. I use GSP when needed (higher value items) but I try to avoid it because for me the costs just are to high vs. First Class

1 Like

As someone who has sold hundreds of items internationally likely totaling nearly into 6 figures I could not vouch more for the GSP. A lot of buyers complain about it but a lot of other buyers also use it every single day without complaint. Almost half of my high end auctions $500+ end up going overseas through the GSP.

I have sold dozens of items internationally not through the GSP and had several issues costing me at least 4 figures through lost product, lost shipping fees and hours in lost time. That said, for trustworthy repeat buyers I fairly frequently ship without the GSP. But if you can’t afford to lose then go GSP.

Especially for someone newly tapping the international market it is a no lose situation. Someone can say that you’ll get lower bids overall using the GSP as people will figure the high costs into their max bid and just bid lower. You aren’t even tapping any of those bidders at all yet though so adding GSP will add 0 hassle as you will still be shipping domestic to the transfer center in KY and it will add an occasional bump to your sale prices anytime a GSP user wins an item.

2 Likes

By GSP you are referring to the global shipping program on ebay? So the only way to protect myself 100% is to ship internationally with ebay meaning i cant do any private sales directly through paypal?

Of course you can. Just ask your buyers to pay F&F :blush:

Yes, gottaketchumall is referring to the global shipping program.

It’s something a lot of buyers may try to tell you to go around; don’t do that as you will lose your 100% protection unless it’s paypal F&F.

So basically if you want to ship internationally and be protected you have no choice but to use ebay. That’s what it sounds like. And with F&F you still have risk cause the buyer can just pull their card

But if the buyer pulls there card your screwed lol

Yes, but to be honest, no sane person would buy expensive items and pay you via F&F unless they personally know you, as even a chargeback is an expensive and bad endeavor that will ultimately close their account, and only if the CC issuer goes through with it. Flip the other way around, no one here would recommend a buyer to send via F&F unless we know that person in personal terms.

GSP is your best bet.

I guess when it comes to private sales you just gotta know who you’re selling to. Just sell to trusted members of the community if you want to go this route. First time buyer that wants to buy a 4-figure card? That’s a little suspicious, but know that every collector has to start somewhere.

1 Like