Unweighable packs?

Quick question. I’ve heard rumors that certain sets are unweighable, like Neo Destiny. People have said that they were printed with the holos being just as heavy as normal packs. Is this true? Wanted to know so I know whether it’s worth to buy these Neo destiny packs on eBay or not. Thanks!

The only unweighable packs I know of are the pop series 5 packs as the set contains no holos. Any set that includes holographic cards such as neo destiny can be weighed. However if you buy your packs from a trusted seller you can still get unweighed packs.

1 Like

You can weigh Neo Destiny packs for the standard holos, but from what I’ve read a light Neo Destiny pack could still yield a Shining Pokemon.

3 Likes

Just assume every pack on eBay has been weighed and you’ll be fine.

There was some discussion that packs from newer sets were un-weighable, having their weight balanced by an insert, but I have no idea if this is true. WOTC never attempted to use inserts for expansion packs in Pokemon.

4 Likes

Neo Destiny has the shining cards along with Neo Revalation. Now most of the shining cards do not have a full foil art. So if someone was weighting neo packs they could not determine if that pack has a shining in it. But only tell if it has a regular holo. Idk just my opinion.

I guess technically you could consider Legendary Collection to be unweighable. You’re always going to get a reverse holo, and there’s no weight different between the good and bad ones obviously. Unless you’re looking for the regular holos, then you’re SOL. The HeartGold SoulSilver sets have Prime cards in the reverse holo slot (making them have no distinct weight difference from packs with an actual reverse holo), but again the actual holo cards (and LEGEND for that matter) can still be sniffed out. This example includes Call of Legends, in which the SL cards come in the reverse slot much like Primes (if I remember correctly). No LEGEND cards this time but the holos still can be searched.

Those are just two examples off the top of my head.

I can confirm that the newer sets (with code cards) are unweighable. At least in a conventional way of speaking. I have pulled the rarest cards from light and medium and heavy packs. Maybe there is a super secret scummy way to get around it. But the average person probably wouldn’t be able to weigh them

1 Like

Little extra tidbit for call of legends…Not sure how known this is but Call of Legends DOES NOT have any instance I could find of a Holo & SL card in a pack, every SL pull has a non holo, which would make SL packs the same weight as non holo/reverse packs, making them almost impossible to weigh for an SL card.

I have seen YouTube video of someone weighing the top 12 heaviest neo destiny packs. I’ll see if I can find it later. They pulled the 9 holos but missed the 3 shining cards. They are in the light packs I believe.