Are Neo Destiny packs weighable?

I’d like to buy some neo destiny packs from ebay but I dont want to get ripped off

Ya

1 Like

All packs are weighed so best to save up and get boxes or simply buy singles.

6 Likes

like Gary said, just assume all single packs are weighed.

2 Likes

Actually… Yes and NO

If you want the 9 holos in a box, then YES those can be weighed. If you want the shining cards, NOPE. They are mixed in with the light packs and will keep you guessing till the very end.

I talked to a few people about this and there is a video on youtube where someone tried to weigh the packs and only got the 9 holos and missed the 3 shining cards typically found in a box.

If I’m dead wrong, someone can correct me, but I think I’m right about the shining cards being in the lighter packs. I recall “CrackrockMcCaib” once telling me he weighed until the last pack for a shining card if memory serves me correct. Wonder what happened to him…

3 Likes

Interesting

Is this true? One can typically find 3 shinings in a box?

yep 3 shinings per box for Neo Destiny

The whole weighing thing is based on a foil card being heavier (which they are, clearly). Shining cards only have a bit of foil to them so yeah they aren’t weighed so easily. Though they are still a bit heavier, they are only heavier to a much lower extent and it makes sense that the typical variance in weight of packs is likely larger than the average weight of the added foil to a shining.

A while back maybe 2-3 years ago I opened a few boxes along with dozens of loose packs. The packs were indeed light as I never got a normal holo from any of them but I did manage some shinings. Weighing out an entire sealed box and then opening them all also confirmed that the occasional shining pack weighed in the lower end of the packs from the box.

1 Like

Completely off topic, but what did happen to CrackrockMcCaib? I loved watching his videos a few years back and then he up and disappeared.

I heard through the rumor mill that he completed his collection and then deleted his youtube account. I suspect his gf at the time had something to do with it or the hate he got from comments on youtube. I loved his videos too, but he seemed to have a fragile ego. Wish he made more…

1 Like

Thought he sold his collection for a house, and I remember there being something about racist comment that shut his channel down maybe? Not 100% sure on any of this, just what I recall.

I cant speak for English neo shining cards, but I can say with certainty that Japanese neo shining cards weigh the exact same as the non-holo cards im the sets. Therefore you absolutely cannot determine which japanese neo 4 (destiny) packs contain the shining cards. I have weighed 4 different japanese neo shining cards which all weighed the same within about a 1/100th of a gram, all equal to the non-holos. If i recall the weights were 1.58g each.