Umbreon Play Promo 70,000pts Price Check

Hi all!

A couple years ago, I was in the market for a PSA 10 copy for 10k and didn’t end up going through with the purchase.

I’ve heard that $20,000 - $30,000 is now more of a realistic price, but it’s hard to say.

If it were cash + trade, then I’d go $15,000 plus a base set booster box in a protective case.

Would love to hear your input if that’s in the ballpark or way off.

1 Like

This card has propelled beyond the stratosphere. We’re in space now. Whatever the seller is willing to let it go for is my best guess.

I don’t see it quite as drastic as pulpyfan. It’s hard to tell what the card is worth because sales are very rare, but traditionally it’s roughly 130 - 150% of the Espeon Star, so your guess ($20,000 - $30,000) isn’t that far off.

1 Like

That’s fair. Do you think it’s unreasonably exited our atmosphere? Or is it rightfully…“blasting off again” :wink:

1 Like

I’ll put it this way, if I owned this card I would need to hear astronomical offers to even peak my interest.

I think offering 30k is a good starting point depending on the listing. I only see this card a couple times a year. In today’s market, securing it is more about availability.

There was a sealed copy that sold in the Mandarake auction for (I think) 1.5m JPY, though it’s hard to say if that was overshadowed by the 98 No. 1 Trainers. It’s also not the most accessible market.

Edit: Yes, it was 1.5m. The Espeon also went for 880k.

Cardrush-jp in akihabara had one for for 17k, but it presumably sold.

Last one I saw a while ago was around 20k.

There’s one that’s part of a set, so give or take, it looks like it’d be 20-30k for Umbreon itself.

www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Pokemon-Japanese-PLAY-Promo-Umbreon-Espeon-Flareon-Jolteon-Vaporeon-PSA-10-/223299027148

Last sold sealed copies in 2020 have been 22.5k, 17.5k and 15.4k. In that order, Iv talked with many that have sold their psa 10 in the last year or so and current offers and they are in the 20-25k ball park. I’d say your offer is spot on. Is that enough to entice someone who isn’t looking to sell? Maybe not but for someone who is looking to sell you have a great offer. Btw if anyone is selling an espeon hit me up lol.

3 Likes

Haha same for the Umbreon.

I should make a post in the buy section. Contacted a guy who had all of the play promos but he’s working on building the collection further. So the shiny hunt continues.

1 Like

Haha I hear that. Checkout my IG crystal_pokemon_tcg if you are interested in selling some of the play promos frequently posted. Just finished the kanto trio. Good luck on the search

1 Like

Umbreon is quite possibly the hardest card to find on the market - whenever it does show up it’ll disappear quickly!

@collector91, your offer of $15,000 with a base set box is a nice offer - hopefully someone is enticed by that as I almost was! :blush:

@crystalcollector149, I may have a PSA 10 Espeon going up for sale in the near future and can send you a link when up :blush:

AT.

1 Like

Along the same lines what would you guys say general values are for each Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon? and it looks like Umbreon is already discussed.

Based off of prices i’ve seen and purchased for:

All prices are in GBP

Vaporeon: £800-£1000
Jolteon: £1,500
Flareon: £2,000+
Espeon: £12,500+ (I’ve been offered this price on eBay)

AT.

If you are talking PSA 10 they have been way higher for the first 3

Vaporeon PSA 10 $1750 - $2000
Jolteon PSA 10 $3000 - $3500
Flareon PSA 10 is a guess around $6 - 8k?
Espeon sealed went for 9K so PSA 10 maybe $10k - $13K?
Umbreon sealed went for $15k so PSA 10 maybe $17k - $22k ?

not to say all sellers will sell at these prices but this is probably where we are about in current day