UK variant ex series

Hello all! This is Zherui Liang, a new user of E4! Happy holidays and it’s a great pleasure to meet everyone here! I’m a Gen 3 and Gen 4 collector. Recently I heard there are UK variant gold star rayquaza and UK exclusive ex dragon reverse holo TV reporter. I’m wondering whether there are more European exclusive Gen 3 and Gen 4 cards? As for Germany cards, I also heard there are Germany exclusive pokemon day promo rayquaza and deoxys. I want to know whether there are more! Much appreciate for any help!

4 Likes

Hi there, welcome to E4! These 2 cards I believe are Danish/Swedish exclusive. They are non-holo, but have the set stamp as you can see. If I remember correctly they came from a Donald Duck magazine.

5 Likes

WOW THAT’S AMAZING! First time see these non-holo stamped ex delta species! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Are you talking strictly set cards or do you want to know about promos as well? There aren’t a lot of distinct set cards like the TV Reporter you mentioned, but here are a few additional Pokemon Day promos.

Italian Pokemon Day Turtwig, Piplup, Chimchar and Ho-Oh.

There are also two English POP Series Pikachu Pokemon Day promos and an Italian HGSS Pikachu promo.

A few more European-exclusive printings are the French, German and Italian Gen 3 starters handed out at sanctioned tournaments across Europe in the summer of 2004. The English promos were thought to be Euro-exclusive until recently but these languages are the only ones that were only awarded in Europe.

And of course the highly coveted Stadium Challenge Deoxys was only handed out at one event in Austria in 2005, although it is printed in English. I don’t have a photo on hand but I included one in this article

3 Likes

Thanks for the information! My goal is to collect all cards in Gen 3 and Gen 4, regardless of set cards or promos. Seems like I still have long long way to go. Pokemon day is really a tough set to collect. Looks like this event generated so many exclusive cards in Europe.

And as for the Gen 3 starters holo promos, they are so gorgeous! I want to collect them all! So there are four language versions: English, German, Italian and French. Totally 12 cards? It would be a lot of efforts to put in!

And Yeah the stadium challenge deoxys is famous! I’m hunting for it!

5 Likes