'suprise' japanese holo's wotc era

Neo Discovery: Beedrill & Butterfree
Neo Revelation: Aerodactyl, Kingdra, Starmie

1 Like

I didn’t know about the butterfree until like last week.
The Japanses Magma Vs. Aqua holo eeveelutions are also nice alternatives to the non-holo english sandstorm prints.

1 Like

Good question. Lovely niche collection. Probably loads of promo cards.

From what I remember, the Raichu card was originally an exclusive to the American market and was the first “American only” release that did not have a Japanese counterpart at that time. I think the Team Rocket set as a whole got pushed back from US release because they had to get that card ready. Obviously, it finally got the Japanese release in Neo 2.

2 Likes

There is many many many moreeeee

Like holo aerodactyl neo revelations holo
Glossy English gotta magazine Japanese print mew

Some cards are produced glossy or holo in Japanese. Rather than eng, and then you have all the error cards haha.

Naked misty…

1 Like

Mainly: Glossy French Pikachu in Japanese Gotta Magazine. I will never understand what a French card is doing in a Japanese magazine… :S

Some others:

• I was surprised to see the EX Dragon Torchic in the Japanese EX Team Aqua vs Team Magma set a few days ago.
  • French, German, Italian and Portuguese EX Emerald Battle Frontier non-holo trainer card with code 2SC-NZB-IJA (English non-holo with this code seems to be nonexistent for some reason…)
  • English non-holo 035 Nintendo Promo Pikachu in Swedish Magazine
  • Korean 001/SM-P Pikachu (the only non-English/non-Japanese exclusive Pikachu artwork)
  • 2010 Teach Set Pikachu No card with this artwork exists, though

EDIT: Oops, misread… Most of these aren’t WotC era…

Greetz,
Quuador