U.S. to Australia Shipping Panic

I have an Aussie customer who’s worrying about his box and wants to know if I think he should file a case.
Looking at the tracking below can you all give him your opinions? I already told him that it’s actually only been 6 business days considering our Thanksgiving Holiday.
Thanks guys…

I don’t think there’s anything to worry about here IMO. I’m in Canada and I’ve sometimes waited longer for US packages.

Was there an estimate ship date when you sent out the package? I usually have one whenever I ship something.

1 Like

Your customer should file a case with God to get some more patience.

20 Likes

I actually shipped an item last week to Australia and if it gets there by the expected delivery date of December 14 it’s 12 business days and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more like 15+ days since it’s the holiday season.

That looks fine to me Gary, I’m in Australia and get a lot of USPS packages and they usually look like that. The tracking for my current package from PWCC looks similar.

Gary what level of shipping did you use? Was is standard US International?

Because if so, what I realized recently, is that USPS no longer shows delivery confirmation. It’ll just say “in transit to destination”. So hopefully this guy is honest when it shows up.

Also, what I’ve seen is after the 3rd “in transit” it usually pops up and is delivered within a week of what that date.

Hope this helps!

Hehehe, 6 days.

I had an item ship from Japan that took ~45 days to Canada

Thanks. It was priority.

It is a lot of money he paid so understandable being nervous but when he reads this tread he’ll understand better:)

3 Likes

eBay nor paypal will even let him file a case, since it hasn’t been long enough. Especially on eBay, when its foreign shipping they will make you wait at least 3 weeks before giving the option to file a claim.

Even if claim is opened they will take one look at the tracking and tell them to wait. Just an inexperienced buyer, which unfortunately as sellers we have to deal with and expect.

PM me the tracking number and I’ll have an insiders look into at from my local PO.

5 Likes

Some times these things take 2-3 weeks or more. You will get your package, customer.

I sold an item to a customer in China a few months back. It toon them almost 2 months to get it. The most extreme case of shipping delay I’ve ever seen. Was caught up in customs for so long because of the price

Whenever I order anything internationally
I click purchase and then opt to forget I’ve even done so. Australia can be a wild place for orders coming in and out. Expecting 6 days is just asking for stress. I’ve had international orders arrive in under a week and conversely after a month. Ive had them stuck in transit for strange periods. I’ve also had an order from the next state (we’re talking an 8 hour drive) take 3 weeks to a month.

I wouldn’t worry

1 Like

I’ve had shipments just hopping a few states over be over 1-2 weeks lately. So my personal opinion is that your customer will be fine and he will get a relief and a nice surprise before Christmas. :blush:

^^ I normally wait around 2-3 weeks buying anything from over seas- Unless it gets transferred to Fedex then add another week or two…

Wouldn’t stress at all, I’ve had packages say delivered and they showed up the day after. Honestly if it was 3 weeks + I would maybe understand but he/she is freaking out over nothing

Patience comes to those who wait - Confucius

4 Likes

Out of the last 50 orders ive made from the US here to Oz all have arrived within 10 business days (lucky me) however, whats strange is one of my recent orders is running late and not getting updates. The tracking on usps website even says, shipping on hold… What the!

That sounds reasonable. I’m just poking fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll let the cat out of the bag (lol) - I was (am) the guy Gaz is mentioning! I have indeed taken this onboard.

TBH I have never had a parcel that has not updated in a week via USPS, and purchased things from the net for over 10 years. I guess I was kind of second guessing where it is, etc. Probably got myself a bit worse searching up missing articles and whatnot.
Please don’t hate on me guys/gals haha, lesson learnt. I am in good hands with Gaz anyway :grin:

6 Likes