Typhlosion #17 PSA 10

Ill give you guys some free Patreon market advice, the last copy sold above 5k, about 2 years ago. If you think its going lower than that, you are gunna have a bad time.

15 Likes

I definitely think people undervalue the popularity of the gen 2 starters. Alot of people including myself started playing pokemon with gold and silver so their is still so much nostalgia.

1 Like

I know of a copy that sold for about 2k I think it was 1,5 year ago, but that was way underpriced and went under the radar.

agreed, I am glad we are seeing the likes of lugia for example increase in price, I think they are wonderfull cards, especially that lugia!

I have a pack fresh one that I’m sending off to get graded next month.
I know there’s about a 0.01% chance that it’s going to get a 10, but a man can live in hope… the card looks flawless apart from a tiny bit OC (front bottom left to bottom right), probably meaning it’ll get an 8-9

2 Likes

Good luck mate.

Definitely a collection center piece if you can get a 10.

I disagree, it’s just a hard card to grade as PSA 10.

Yanma is in the same boat. It’s expensive because there’s only a handful of them out there and it rarely comes up for sale.

Used to be the same thing with Fossil Lapras and Jungle Vaporeon. Nobody had them, collectors went racing after them but once more were graded or began to be sold the prices dropped significantly.

That being said, Jungle and Fossil aren’t 1st Ed. Neo Destiny, I wouldn’t draw comparisons as the volume printed was drastically different.

Just one example: I remember when there were no jungle Mr Mimes and people we paying giant prices for one. When I saw that, I had my Jungle ungraded’s with me so I graded a bunch. As expected, within a few months the prices evened out with the rest.

5k to 8k for a #17? That’s a big LOL. Otherwise it’s going to force me to head over to NoCal and start digging;)

I’ve witnessed multiple people offering over 5k to dig that card out. It shouldn’t be worth that in my opinion but it is essentially the Charizard of Gen 2 and impossible to grade in a 10. The 10’s that do slip through are almost all just pure lucky and have their own surface flaws like all of them do. But alas, people with lots of money exist and I’ve seen them trying to get one to come out of hiding with 7k or so offers publicly.

1 Like

Better head over to NoCal and dig up all those 7,8,9s they have there!!

Let me drop this tidbit for you

Mr. Mime - 1st ed: Graded: 561 / 10s: 90 / 10 rate: 16%

Typhlosion - 1st ed: Graded: 375 / 10s: 6 / 10 rate: 1.6%

So it’s not for the lack of attempts. It’s genuinely hard to grade as compared to Mr. Mime who may have only had like 35 graded at the time.

2 Likes

I had a single submission earlier this year that had six PSA 10 no symbol Mr Mimes in it. SIX. The entire population of Typhlosion in one submission. They aren’t even in the same hemisphere of difficulty.

5 Likes

Okay, FLEX!!

Decided on opening a heavy unlimited Neo Genesis pack I had laying around…

…perfect example of why this card is so ridiculously hard to get a 10 grade for.

14 Likes

I think it said there were none with the others having many. Then it evened out to match those numbers.

I get that the backing is silver, but those factory lines are really bad. Why do some of them come out this way? What did WotC do to them? lol

I’m not that knowledgeable on which cards get boned the most during printing, but I imagine it has to do with where its placed on the sheet. I’ve been on a quest for several years now to try and get a psa 10 unlimited Typhlosion. Sadly, the 5 or 6 pack fresh / mint ones I’ve come across all have varying degrees of factory lines. This one by far is the worst one though.

Wow that’s rough mate :open_mouth:

A 1st ED of this card in PSA10 would easily fetch over 5K. I know a few people who have said they would be willing to pay over that if one ever did come into the market.

So all of a sudden the population has changed to 7. Any chance the new owner is member of this forum? :blush:

3 Likes

Whoever he is, I’m an interested buyer (: and will pay above my current wtb offer

1 Like