Place your bets on the next Typhlosion 17

My bet is vaporeon holo jungle

or maybe fossil dragonite but thats already popular

t18

11 Likes

t19

6 Likes

the t17 spiked so hard because of multiple factors: popular set, incredibly hard to grade and a lot of hype around the card because of the psa 10 of rusty (this was also at the start of the covid price spike).

I would think the cards that can get close to it are some of the wotc black star promo holos (such as eevee and venusaur). These cards are also incredibly hard to grade with similar pop reports to the t17. Rusty also bought the venusaur in psa 10 but that card has not got as much hype around it (yet).

If I were to guess it would be one of those.

3 Likes

Psa10 Masaki sets.

3 Likes

Certain PSA 10 unlimited holos

3 Likes

PSA 10 SM Promo 119

If one ever gets graded a 10 I don’t even want to know the price :grimacing:

6 Likes

Neo Discovery Houndour. Gorgeous art, hard to grade and also very hard to find.

6 Likes

@mthursty, what is so special about this card, there are multiple more black star promo that have a pop 0 in psa 10

@zubat93, this card is in the same region as yanma from the same set. the reason I think these wont get there is because the cards do not feature popular pokemon as opposed to the t17

Something from shining legends

PSA10 Base Set Trainers (all prints) are going to double and/or triple in price very soon

1 Like

Honestly I was just mocking this thread… But atleast I made you google my fav card :wink:

1 Like

Whatever market manipulators deem the next suitable target.

6 Likes

Expedition psa 10s…
Mainly because I own them haha!

3 Likes

t17 is mental. Even highly played cards fetching multiple hundreds. What next i have no idea.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s insane. But the whole price spiking of T17 is because it’s hard to get a PSA10 copy due to all the printing issues it has. Paying $500 for a played copy is just crazy and has nothing to do with the insane inflation on the card.

3 Likes

That’s one of the reasons for the price increase. But it can’t be the only reason. There are plenty of other cards from the same era who have a nearly similar PSA 10 to PSA 9 rate. And T17 is “just” a set card, so in the end it’s still mass produced. That copies sub-PSA 10 are selling for so much is completely irrational. It also can’t be the popularity of Typhlosion alone, because Typhlosion might be popular but not on the level of Charizard. Then the artwork isn’t the Sugimori one and I hear very few people that want to have T17 just because they are so in love with the artwork. At the end of the day, this card has no outstanding features except that it’s hard to grade, and that alone shouldn’t justify those insane prices. I can only repeat myself: Be careful not to be swayed by hype, which was created by the people who gain the most from selling this card.

7 Likes

You know how I know you own a Jungle Vaporeon?

2 Likes

PSA 10 sabrina’s gengar

2 Likes

Hers a good example of one in Aus.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pokemon-Card-First-Edition-Neo-Genesis-Typhlosion-Holo-17-111/264785038056?hash=item3da66b0ae8:g:pRgAAOSwZylfAHU6&frcectupt=true

Will be interesting to see what it hits.