Slowking #14 1st edition PSA 10

Does anyone know what the value of this card would be around? The last time it sold was 2+ years ago at $1.2k on ebay ( www.pokemonprice.com/CardDetails/7add9ca1-120f-4ecd-b3bd-5c72eefa95ba/slowking-holo-1st-edition ). Pop is only at 10. Any guesses what buyers are looking to pay for this bad boy right now?

I would guess $2k is a starting number, but realistically I could see it going $5k+

2 Likes

That is true, none on the open market and people need it to complete their neo sets :blush:

I know a few people willing to pay $3.5k, I would say that is the floor price atm. Like kpod said though, wouldn’t be surprised at $5k+

1 Like

It’s almost scary to look at all these estimates even when I’ve had one copy in collection for years, wasn’t exactly cheap card back in 2016.

Yeah. I don’t even like reading threads like this. It makes it too tempting to break up my collections.

2 Likes

Here’s the last thread I could find on a price for this card.

www.elitefourum.com/t/price-check-neo-slowking/24206/1

Everyone always seems to talk about Typhlosion being the hardest card to grade in the set, but the numbers show that Slowking is slightly harder to grade (as I showed in my 2019 PSA report: www.elitefourum.com/t/pichufans-end-of-year-2019-psa-report-with-charts/25273/1 ).

5 Likes

The Typhlosion 17 sold for 10K. Wouldn’t the Slowking then be around the same price given that it is just as difficult/potentially more difficult to grade? It’s a less popular species than Typhlosion, but a legitimate argument can be made that it is the hardest set card to grade in the WOTC era. I’d guess there has to be someone out there who would be willing to pay at least 5K.

2 Likes

If that Typhlosion was a cleaner 10, it would have gone for more. I would assume the Slowking wouldn’t have a problem selling in a day at 7K.

2 Likes

At least you know that your cards are getting rarer and pricier by the day :wink:

1 Like

What was wrong with the Typhlosion? Iirc it was pretty clean

How much do you think someone would pay for a Slowking 14 gem MT from Beckett? Much less I’d assume no?

The Typhlosion had print lines and a red ink dot next to the Neo Genesis set symbol. It was also off-center ish, but it probably fell within the PSA 10 centering guidelines.

1 Like

It got a 10 with print lines and being OC? Wow lol

1 Like

Alright who read this thread and posted this up to eBay just now? :joy:

7 Likes

Pay for the grade not the card. Wait no.

1 Like

I love the ungraded listings where they say “PSA 10?:thinking:”. If you really thought I had a chance at a 10, you would have graded it yourself

1 Like

Pay for the number not the grade. Wait even more no.

Seller just added a disclaimer at the bottom, using the $500 PSA 7-8 raw Typhlosion that just sold as a justification for his pricing. What a joke that guy is! Plus he’s selling graded cards with the serial number blacked out, so you know he’d grade this thing if he really thought it had a shot at a 10. Why leave money on the table like that?