Tsunami card 2011

Now i’m sure I remember reading a couple of years back about a Pokemon Pikachu promo (I think it was Pikachu) released in 2011 during the Tsunami meaning it was never distributed properly. I seem to recall it was like a camping Pikachu toyota promotional card or something of that nature. Someone posted a link to some sort of Japanese Pokemon blog that had the article and picture of the card in question. Does anyone know what i’m on about? :blush:

You’re most likely referring to the Japenese promos BW25-31, namely Druddigon and Emolga. You can read about them in this discussion here:

www.elitefourum.com/t/bw-p-25-31-never-issued/13361/1

For further information you can see:

This 2011 thread on the cards that temporarily appeared for sale before being removed and the listing cancelled:
www.elitefourum.com/t/10-000-promos/10240/1?page=1

This 2012 discussion on the same cards:
www.elitefourum.com/t/what-happened-to-bw-p-promos-27-31/10573/1

1 Like

No, I think he’s talking about the YOU Wagon XY-P promo instead, @funmonkey54 :

Here are the articles you’re probably talking about, @theeucollector:

pokeboon.com/new-infomation/pokemon-with-you-wagon-pikachu-card/
pokeboon.com/new-infomation/a-rare-cards-appeared/

If anyone knows where to find this card, please let me know. I’d love to add it to my collection. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

that’s the one!

@quaador

Ah, right! Thanks!
I’m thinking there shouldn’t be so many cards not released because of tsunamis. What do you think? :wink:

such a cool piece :blush: can’t say i’ve seen it here before, must be quite rare.

I’ve never seen this card on eBay or on YJ but I remember seeing the artist’s who made this card post on Twitter with photo of the card so yeah, it’s been released but I have no idea how many copies of this card were made : /

edit: lol ok, now I see that the article on pokeboon has this twitter post linked :'D