trophy pika price?

Just curious what the approximate value of just one of the early trophy pikachu cards is, particularly the no 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably depends on which tournament it was from. From Lizardon/Kamex, I’d say anything around $5000 wouldn’t be out of the ordinary based on what other people have told me.

You’d better open a dedicated savings account . . .

one day :stuck_out_tongue:

good luck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

does anyone have an estimate of the differences in price between the 1997 and 1999 copies?

I personally paid just over $5k for my 97 no3. Im pretty sure someone wouldve paid even more than that but as it was a less known auction site I got a decent deal. For a 99 copy I would say near 4k-5k isnt a bad price considering prices are pretty high for trophy cards currently and I doubt thats going to be changing any time soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I thought the 97 copies were drastically more expensive than the 99s. Your no3 in the case was amazing acquisition, many kudos

I got for atleast 1-2k cheaper than what it couldve gone for in the current market. The 98/99 No3 should be in 4-5k range for sure if you get it any cheaper its a very good deal.

I echo M786ali’s evaluation. The 97 pikas will always earn more because they are much less in number, and most importantly, the first trophy card released.

The English pikas are similar in this regard. The 2004 copies earn a higher premium than the following years as they were the original. The first of something is usually always the most valuable.

The pika set on YJ! is actually not priced that bad. However, the fees to middle it and get it to your doorstep are a deterrent.